• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Not all the blame can be put on BPD’s patrol officers, they get no support from the people they’re supposed to be serving.

They’re working in the city that gave the world a video called “Stop Snitchin” to remind everybody that Snitches get Stitches.

People need to want to take back their streets, neighborhoods and city instead of hiding from the thugs and gangs. They need to be like the Baltimore mother who caught her kid rioting and slapped his ass on TV. They need to make their kids go to school and quit making excuses for their bad and criminal behavior. They need to have courage to press charges and appear as witnesses in court. They need to be able to exercise their 2A Rights to defend themselves, families and homes.

Evil does exist when good men do nothing but sometimes it takes all the good men and women to defeat evil.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Stop it. You are talking about Baltimore, then Maryland. They have rules, they deal with it. Don't compare that to a free, society.

I live free we have plenty of responders. If your society dances in crime. Move.
    Some of us can’t move.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Some of us can’t move.

I'm a Baltmore city resident. This isn't news. BPD, for quite some time, has not had the resources or the leadership to effectively manage their call load. The context of this particular article highlights the issue created when there are multiple, possibly related, shootings/stabbings in a concentrated area within a short period of time.

The primary issue isn't manpower, it's the refusal of BPD to shift that manpower around as it's needed.

I used to work in a service environment, where we had technicians running calls. Using statistical modeling and manpower models (ie. plugging some numbers into an Excel spreadsheet), we would move technicians out of their assigned territory during periods of high volume in other territories. For some reason, I don't think BPD does this.

So the officer I see sleeping in his car in the Central doesn't get called over to the Western when something kicks off and they need more manpower.

(My bet is that's driven by the FOP, but I don't know for sure.) As always, I could be completely wrong.

Law abiding Baltimore City residents need to demand that the state legalize their right self defense, from their politicians. Out the politicians who work the system to get permits for their cronies.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Law abiding Baltimore City residents need to demand that the state legalize their right self defense, from their politicians. Out the politicians who work the system to get permits for their cronies.

“ need to demand”. Okay. Now what? The anti gun culture in md is dense. Unfortunately, it is a political issue and this state is democratic. And the rep governor is no real help.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    I'm a Baltmore city resident. This isn't news. BPD, for quite some time, has not had the resources or the leadership to effectively manage their call load. The context of this particular article highlights the issue created when there are multiple, possibly related, shootings/stabbings in a concentrated area within a short period of time.

The primary issue isn't manpower, it's the refusal of BPD to shift that manpower around as it's needed.

I used to work in a service environment, where we had technicians running calls. Using statistical modeling and manpower models (ie. plugging some numbers into an Excel spreadsheet), we would move technicians out of their assigned territory during periods of high volume in other territories. For some reason, I don't think BPD does this.

So the officer I see sleeping in his car in the Central doesn't get called over to the Western when something kicks off and they need more manpower.

(My bet is that's driven by the FOP, but I don't know for sure.) As always, I could be completely wrong.

It's driven by City Hall. I do know that for sure.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Not all the blame can be put on BPD’s patrol officers, they get no support from the people they’re supposed to be serving.

They’re working in the city that gave the world a video called “Stop Snitchin” to remind everybody that Snitches get Stitches.

People need to want to take back their streets, neighborhoods and city instead of hiding from the thugs and gangs. They need to be like the Baltimore mother who caught her kid rioting and slapped his ass on TV. They need to make their kids go to school and quit making excuses for their bad and criminal behavior. They need to have courage to press charges and appear as witnesses in court. They need to be able to exercise their 2A Rights to defend themselves, families and homes.

Evil does exist when good men do nothing but sometimes it takes all the good men and women to defeat evil.

I 100% agree. The problems in Baltimore start and end with the people of Baltimore.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Nope..I disagree completely. The people who reside in the city of Baltimore are the ones who elected the half wits who create the laws and policies of the city..in essence, they asked for the police department they have and all the disfunction that goes along with it.

Don’t blame me! I voted against the idiots and was shouted down.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    That's comparing apples and oranges. The MGA is passing illegal laws bent on removing rights enumerated in our country's highest legal document.

The Constitution’s 2A did NOT apply to state action until Heller 2008 (Citation: Gun Control and Gun Rights by McClurg, et al. explains in detail how the 2A didn’t apply to state action and was written before Heller). Even then, the limiting document is the state constitution as Heller and McDonald only provide some very basic protections. Gun control laws are permited under those decisions and Maryland’s constitution has no RKBA (https://www.saf.org/state-constitutional-protections-2/). Obviously, we disagree with the lame response from SCOTUS but this is where we are legally.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    He’s a 13’er and you know damn well that they’re on the list with ass-kickers, shit kickers and Methodists

Almost as bad the Dutch:rolleyes:

Rudeness to 13'ers is tolerated,, However, "rudeness to all others not so much"...:rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah make fun of them but if folks dare question the inherent nobility of every LEO that ever existed, well that's a step over the line.

Been here less than 2 months and don't have access to the WC yet but you came to that conclusion. Are you a former member by chance?

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Been here less than 2 months and don't have access to the WC yet but you came to that conclusion. Are you a former member by chance?

Former member, no.

Not sure what the WC is.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but you can come on here and read threads without having an account.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If people spent as much time doing the things needed to move the ball forward (signing up voters, contacting their rep, and/or making extra money to donate to SAF, NRA, and MSI) as they do insulting each other and complaining about copy editing and thread titles on this board, Merrylanders could have nice things.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Yeah make fun of them but if folks dare question the inherent nobility of every LEO that ever existed, well that's a step over the line.

Now that you have your obligatory 50 postings, be careful in the WC, lest you fall victim to your above perception...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom