• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Signed and shared.

Can someone help me understand the donation part of this petition? By making a donation on change.org, it seems the money is going to change.org, to promote the petition, and not going to MSI. Is this correct? I think I'll just make a donation to MSI directly on their web site.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Signed and shared.

Can someone help me understand the donation part of this petition? By making a donation on change.org, it seems the money is going to change.org, to promote the petition, and not going to MSI. Is this correct? I think I'll just make a donation to MSI directly on their web site.

It looks to me they are facilitating the handling of the money which means more then likely a cut is going to the changeorg. group .

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Signed and shared.

Right. Donate directly to MSI regardless. The pitch at the back end of the petition is designed to fund the advertising mechanism that gets the petition to pop on on more screens in front of a wider audience.

Keep in mind, of course, that this entire exercise is NOT a legally meaningful petition. It's strictly a PR/awareness thing. Not saying that's bad, but want people to be clear that "enough signatures" doesn't actually reach some threshold where it in any way impacts legislation and whatnot. This is designed to just spark interest. And yes, the more people who know about it the better, but it's not going to make the large majority of people in Maryland suddenly change their hears and minds about these pending laws, or vote the opposite of their habits next time around. Didn't stop me from dropping some cash in both buckets, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom