• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My hero patriots. Keep it up people. There with you in heart!

Attachments

• 568A37B3-7AD6-4077-BC9C-F7DB8E38DFFE.jpg
      568A37B3-7AD6-4077-BC9C-F7DB8E38DFFE.jpg
      44.4 KB · Views: 776

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    So...I wonder if the representative understands that her beloved Maryland does not fully participate NICS in supplying data?

I wonder what her reaction would be?

I wonder if this will be mentioned?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ditto. I should be more pissed by the LGQL and the HBAR BS, but for some reason these traitors trying to ban 80% lowers and flats really grinds my gears, even if it's by definition the most impossible of these stupid bills to actually enforce.

This exactly. I saw the writing on the wall of this completely unenforceable law. I have an 80% glock 17 I completed about a year ago. It'll likely get destroyed if this thing gets passed. I could never use it for self defense or risk going to prison for 3 years (and unlike the mentally disturbed boy who got 4 months in prison for taking a gun to school, I'd probably get the book thrown at me for defending my life).

I am also not going to risk getting nabbed by taking it to a range. So it would basically sit until I die and then my kids would have to deal with it.

Just not worth it. I got a serialized Gen 3 G17 last week. I hope this thing goes down in flames. There is no way to enforce this and I'll probably get a few more 80% soon, they will just stay that way unless the law changes or everything is already falling apart and laws don't matter.

They can't outlaw pieces of plastic and a dremel. I'd like to see them try (this is not actually a challenge for them to try that).

Banning home manufacture of firearms makes me the most upset out of all of these bills, but also seems the most likely to get rammed through.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So...I wonder if the representative understands that her beloved Maryland does not fully participate NICS in supplying data?

I wonder what her reaction would be?

I wonder if this will be mentioned?

It should be. Explain to her how MDs slow rolling info to NICS could allow a prohibited person in MD to buy a long gun in virginia

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Banning home manufacture of firearms makes me the most upset out of all of these bills, but also seems the most likely to get rammed through.

Yup. spooky ghost guns have been pretty under the radar until Cody Wilson got in the business and mainstreamed the concept. Useless liberal virtue signaling twaddle.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    With regard to the logic behind HB0740:

As soon as a prohibited person acquires a firearm, no matter the means, he/she is instantly in violation of existing law. Same for someone who creates their own firearm in violation of existing law.

Why would an additional law be required, then? Also, exactly what would cause that additional law to be any more effective, or necessary, than the other(s) that he/she is already violating?

(fully aware that the vast majority of MDSers already understand the above, and are likely in full agreement. Just wanted to post the text, in case anyone wanted to incorporate into their testimony)

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Did anyone else catch Dumass
    Say you can buy a handgun from ghostguns? She specifically said you can buy a handgun if I heard her correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Lost the feed near the beginning of the ghost gun and can't get it back, also missed it anyone testified for the bill.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Conaway is a moron. 3D metal printers? The starting cost is about $50,000 for a basic one. It is MASSIVELY cheaper just to get a CNC mill and mill out receivers. No one is investing $50k+ on a 3D metal printer and then trying to crank out ghost guns.

If that were a thing, someone would be doing it. Illegally acquired guns are just easy to get, no need to do that.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Conaway is a moron. 3D metal printers? The starting cost is about $50,000 for a basic one. It is MASSIVELY cheaper just to get a CNC mill and mill out receivers. No one is investing $50k+ on a 3D metal printer and then trying to crank out ghost guns.

If that were a thing, someone would be doing it. Illegally acquired guns are just easy to get, no need to do that.

Metal 3D printers; meh...why bother when you can build a CNC mil out of servos and run open CAM that's hosted on github for a few hundred to $1000.

What's next? Licensing adifruit components?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom