• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Like most things that happen in Annapolis, its 99.9% grandstanding and meant to drive hard working taxpaying people out of the state.

Yes to grandstanding.

However, hey aren't really trying to rid the state of taxpayers; they're just dancing to the tune of those who control the money tap for their campaigns.

I had a MD businessman tell me that he was talking to his delegate, and said that MD was always acting against the interest of business owners. "Oh, no" replied the delegate, "We really need your business to prosper; we need the tax revenue to fund our social programs!"

The sad thing is he totally believed what he was saying, while being totally unaware of the actual sentiment of the small businessmen in the state.

Now if voting rights were only granted to those with actual skin in the game - folks who paid taxes and owned property - the state would be far better off, and some of the social problems would not exist at all, I suspect.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It’s not so much disbanding of the board that scares me, its the fact they they think that reducing the number of permit holders is a direct relation to crime and safety. I would bet 0.0% of the gun crimes are committed by permit holders. Just continues to show their lack of knowledge and ignorance on actual facts.

Anyone know where I can find or have stats on permit holders and weapons crime?

They don’t think that reducing the number of permit holders will reduce crime. THEY KNOW IT WON’T AND THEY DONT CARE. It’s not lack of knowledge or ignorance, they don’t believe that anyone but the giver should be armed. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They don't even pretend to have objective facts . They base all their polices upon the Preamble to the 1972 Bill that first established the W&C .

Paraphrased it says to the effect of : " Guns are Bsd . Therefore it is our * Legislative Intent * that as few Permits as possible ever be issued " .

So a few years ago during a lull in Annapolis , I decided to research the original Bill File from 1972 . ( The Law Library , lower level of the DLS building on Lawyer's Mall , inbetween House office building and the statehouse , open to the public , copy machines on premises ). I wanted to see what studies and statistics they used then , as they could be refuted by more recent real world numbers since the nationwide spread of Shall Issues .

But there weren't any . The closest there was , was an article clipped from Parade Magazine ( comes in Sunday newspapers , next to the cartoons ) . I basically said " OMG, Guns are Bad " without any facts or statistics .

So 48yrs later , the policy of the state is freverently guided by a statement by Dem Legislators to the effect of " Guns are Bad, because we Say So " .

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    They don't even pretend to have objective fact . They base all their polices upon the Preamble to the 1972 Bill that first established the W&C.

Paraphrased it says to the effect of : " Guns are Bad. Therefore it is our * Legislative Intent * that as few Permits as possible ever be issued.”

So a few years ago during a lull in Annapolis , I decided to research the original Bill File from 1972 . (The Law Library , lower level of the DLS building on Lawyer's Mall , inbetween House office building and the statehouse , open to the public , copy machines on premises ). I wanted to see what studies and statistics they used then , as they could be refuted by more recent real world numbers since the nationwide spread of Shall Issues.

But there weren't any . The closest there was , was an article clipped from Parade Magazine ( comes in Sunday newspapers , next to the cartoons ) . I basically said " OMG, Guns are Bad " without any facts or statistics .

So 48yrs later , the policy of the state is freverently guided by a statement by Dem Legislators to the effect of " Guns are Bad, because we Say So " .

Excellent and diligent digging Biggfoot44!

I sincerely hope that a “show & tell” version of your account above and evidence from your research makes its way into your hearing testimony at your earliest opportunity to present it.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    The sad thing is he totally believed what he was saying, while being totally unaware of the actual sentiment of the small businessmen in the state.

This.

I am formerly one of those small business owners who closed their business at the end of 2018 due to such idiocy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom