• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I believe VA will turn red in the next two election cycles. It will be challenging but conservatives are starting the ground work. fred55

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I haven't read through this whole thread (yet) but I wanted to remark that memory is short lived among Americans in this age.

I do expect that the Virginians do not succumb to that malady.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    No. Gerald Lee Baliles, Chuck Robb, Doug Wilder, Mark Warner, T. Mcaulffe, Tim Kaine and Northam. That's 42 years right there. Wasted votes on independants. I remember J. Sargent Reynolds Lt.Governer from the early 70's. Our very own Bobby Kennedy. One gun a month under wilder and that was the 90's. House of Delegates could stop some of that bunch but not all.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    If nothing else changed, I’d be in with the naysayers on this one. However....

40,000 people showed up in Richmond. In the cold. Lobby Day usually has ~300. Busses lined the streets for blocks and blocks. Entire streets were filled with freedom loving people.

Bloomberg had dozens show up for his town hall. For a anti-gun Demorat.. in No VA. Before Super Tuesday. On the heels of spending Millions in ads.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    i'm hopeful that the dem overreaching woke a lot of us up, such that we WILL get out and vote come november.

I think it did but sadly I've had the displeasure of meeting many ignorant country fudds during my efforts in rural VA. (Gloucester and Matthews counties) I really don't know what is going to reach those people if this legislative session doesn't.

No.

It's over for VA.

It's a census year; we're not counting citizens, we are counting bodies. They will gerrymander. There's been a huge influx of illegal immigrants. There's a push on right now to get drivers licenses to the those illegal immigrants in VA

Then, courtesy of Bill Clinton, here comes Motor Voter.

Yep, it is over :sad20:

Apparently after the districts are redrawn the citizens get to vote on the new map. That will tell the tale. If the new election districts are approved Virginia will never be red again. If the new election districts are rejected Virginians will still have a chance in November to flip the state. If I was a betting man I would say there chances of floating down the new election districts will be slim to none because there's too much apathy and too many Democrats. In short I think Virginia has just started to feel the pain from the gun grabbers in the legislature. They're not close to being finished. I suspect when all is said and done all semi-automatic long guns will be banned many pistols will be banned there will be background checks for ammunition sales and the sales will be limited to a relatively small number of rounds per month carry will be banned but high dollar liability insurance will be required. I also can see the legislature changing the permitting scheme from shall issue back to May issue. I can also see them Banning the sale or possession of reloading supplies. And I don't think those infringements will be the last. I think you're going to see more regulations on recreational shooting on hunting and a removal of the castle doctrine replaced with a requirement to retreat. Virginia should have Boogalood when they had the chance. But cooler heads prevailed and now their second amendment rights are going the way of the dodo. Sound familiar? It should it's happening all over the country right now and gun owners are sitting on their hands and letting the government do it to them.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Respectfully, how does 1/20/20 fit in with your narrative? Gun control is good at attracting wealthy donors but historically has only been good at bringing conservative voters to the polls. Just ask Mini Mike. Or recall what happened in 2016.

I think Ralph and Mini Mike might swing the whole country back to our side.

If Trump replaces RBG, VA won’t be able to keep this crap on the books for long after that.

Redistricting only matters if constitutional rights are subject to the whim of majority votes.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Right_to_Carry,_timeline.gif

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Once the VA assembly gerrymanders the state into a Democrat majority stronghold...it will be years before courts make a final decision on whether to order it changed...and by then the laws will be woven throughout the state. The voters really need to come out in force in November to flip the state back red...but the damage done will be so severe it will be difficult to undue...even should a pro-freedom Republican get elected Governor.

It's another example of why stopping these Democrats at the water's edge is so important.

Respectfully, how does 1/20/20 fit in with your narrative? Gun control is good at attracting wealthy donors but historically has only been good at bringing conservative voters to the polls. Just ask Mini Mike. Or recall what happened in 2016.

I think Ralph and Mini Mike might swing the whole country back to our side.

If Trump replaces RBG, VA won’t be able to keep this crap on the books for long after that.

Redistricting only matters if constitutional rights are subject to the whim of majority votes.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Right_to_Carry,_timeline.gif

Only if the Supreme Court agrees to hear the challenge. Historically the chances are less than 50% that they will.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I don't know if we'll revert back to what it was like before Bloombutt interfered with our elections, but I'm going to do my part in November to get us back to where we were.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Moving to VA has been in a long term option for years. Now that I'm at that crossroads, of course VA flipped blue. The recent gun control laws passed and those in the works are giving me pause. There are other far left proposals such as the national popular vote pact and the like that suck too. I understand VA is still no where as bad as MD, but we all know this is an incremental play by the Dems. So before I start looking for a house in earnest, what do you folks think about the chances of VA flipping back in the next couple of years? Is the VA GOP fired up? Do you see/feel the momentum shifting?

HELL NO...

Virginia is now voting like a suburb of New York, Mass, NJ...

Stick a fork in them, they are done...

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Once the VA assembly gerrymanders the state into a Democrat majority stronghold...it will be years before courts make a final decision on whether to order it changed...and by then the laws will be woven throughout the state. The voters really need to come out in force in November to flip the state back red...but the damage done will be so severe it will be difficult to undue...

Basically this.

Warnings of storm front ahead...

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Folks, as I mentioned before the Virginia supreme court is 5/7 conservative and is really the last firewall conservatives have in that state.

When the anti-2A laws do go into effect and reach the VA Supreme court many of those laws will likely be struck down. This process is faster than waiting for a case to go to SCOTUS or the 4th Circuit.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Unless the demographic trends start reversing, or the "red" population suddenly starts becoming less apathetic about voting (i.e. reds who didn't bother voting before), VA won't flip back red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom