• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I’m finally looking into getting my 1st 80 percent “Glock”. Bad timing on my part, as I know it’s a little crazy right now.
    I have been searching for a complete kits, and I can’t seem to find anyone with them in stock right now.
    Anyone know, where any are in stock? I’d prefer, and 17 or 19. Maybe other frame sizes, but I definitely, want to stick with 9mm
    Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
    Thanks.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Rockey Brass

Arm or Ally

Lone Wolf

Wherever you go, always leave an "alert me when back in stock" so you'll be one of the first to know when they've restocked that particular item.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Pretty sure JSD is where I got my kit a couple years back. As I recall it was at a York gun show.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They’re cool toys but I wouldn’t rely on one with my life. Just my opinion. Hard to beat a factory Glock for reliability.

HSTD

Mar 25, 2020
    Clear Spring
    They’re cool toys but I wouldn’t rely on one with my life. Just my opinion. Hard to beat a factory Glock for reliability.

I saw a practically brand new 100% OEM Glock fail on it's second trip to the range. The guy shooting next to me went to rack the slide on his G23, and the locking block cracked in two.

two other people I know had their guide rods break apart within 6 months of getting their new G27s.

A lot of OEM guns can have problems and malfunction. Just look at the problems Colt is having with the release of the new Python.

The only real way to have trust in a gun, is to have fired it a lot. even there, stuff happens.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    I built mine with all factory Glock internals and it shoots flawlessly. I know when people have issues it seems they are using off brand internals or super cheap slides. Brownells and Midway have all the parts you need. If you just want to by a kit then F&F also sell the kits.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I saw a practically brand new 100% OEM Glock fail on it's second trip to the range. The guy shooting next to me went to rack the slide on his G23, and the locking block cracked in two.

two other people I know had their guide rods break apart within 6 months of getting their new G27s.

A lot of OEM guns can have problems and malfunction. Just look at the problems Colt is having with the release of the new Python.

The only real way to have trust in a gun, is to have fired it a lot. even there, stuff happens.
    This^^^
    I built mine with all factory Glock internals and it shoots flawlessly. I know when people have issues it seems they are using off brand internals or super cheap slides. Brownells and Midway have all the parts you need. If you just want to by a kit then F&F also sell the kits.

And this^^^

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

True, but even so I’d rather rely on a tested factory gun than a tested Frankenglock. Just my opinion, this is America so everyone is free to disagree.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I've been shooting glocks since the 90's. For work and compettion, every generationwnand have ZERO problems. Several of my glocks have over 25K down the tube. I keep records on all my firearms as to every round and with almost 200k total without a problem. Guess I've been lucky

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    True, but even so I’d rather rely on a tested factory gun than a tested Frankenglock. Just my opinion, this is America so everyone is free to disagree.

You're correct but the OP asked for help finding kits, not an opinion about them. Now this thread is off the rails as is often the case with many

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    my 2 cents.
    After you order it, watch EVERY video of marinegunbuilder. Its good to know the tweeks and trouble spots BEFORE you build so you can spot it.
    I completed 2 myself including a Version 1 G17 kit before they supplied the rear metal rail.
    I have also helped 2 other tweek/troubleshoot P80 G19 kits and another with a G17 kit they built.
    EVERY one I have had, you had to tweek or deal with something that did not fit perfect. That is all part of the game.
    I have a Police trade in G17 gen 3, so the advantage was I could see how it was SUPPOSED To work and operate to know when I saw something wrong.

Not sure if its was Marine gun Builder or someone else but EVERY one I built or saw, the tab on the top of the trigger bar that depresses the firing pin safety button was too high and required filing, reshaping and polishing.
    Its not the parts , its the frame cause pulled parts from my G17 and it did the same in my P80 G17 as well as a friends. One of mine is a genuine Glock parts kit, half of the friends were as well.
    I've had :
    Locking block too wide in the area that inserts to the frame.
    Trigger bars too high.
    Rear rail needs filing/grinding to sit low and match the pin holes (marine gun builder covers this)
    Hole mag catch spring fits into not deep enough
    Mag catch too thick to slide though grip needed filing then smoothing and polishing (non Glock Part)
    Firing pin spacer sleeve not fitting (purchased not fully assembled upper), too much coating inside, had to sand before using tool to insert
    Slide lock spring from a parts kit was wrong spring (sent G17, not G19 spring)
    (and probably more that i forgot).

I used flitz on all of them doing the 2cent trigger job technique

BTW, on the locking bar thing, The way you tell is that if you rack and empty gun, pull trigger and hold trigger, then pull slide back and SLOWLY let it go forward. If you can get it to stop and let go and it does not lock all the way, then something might be wrong. Its easy to tell its getting resistance with the firing pin safety button cause it won't do that if you don't have your finger holding the trigger back. This is one of the "oh, you need to run 400 rounds though it to break it in" things. Well, I disagree with that. Every tweek I did on a finished gun, I saw a problem with the first magazine then took home, fixed it, then it was fine.
    I think all but my Gen 1 G17 P80 kit have 500 rounds though them without problems.

BTW, my G17 Gen 3 police trade in that I got from Lou45 a couple weeks before he passed (RIP) had the slide lock spring buggered when I got it. Kept locking back on me while shooting. Pulled it apart and found where someone bent the spring up I guess from cleaning. fixed it and I think I have 2000+ rounds though it w/o a hiccup.

I agree that a KIT gun is not a FIRST candidate for a defense weapon unless you have no choice but I'd say once I get to 2000 rounds though the kit guns, I'd be more comfortable with them.
    My point being, you gotta spend the time and effort to learn and the patience to make it right. For me, it was the sheer experience of it. Going through the building made me more knowledgeable about the firearm and that's what I enjoyed.

Good Luck

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If you wanted Glock factory parts, I'd suggest either Recoil Gunworks (lots of PD trade-ins) or Big Tex Outdoors (new parts).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    my 2 cents.
    After you order it, watch EVERY video of marinegunbuilder. Its good to know the tweeks and trouble spots BEFORE you build so you can spot it.
    I completed 2 myself including a Version 1 G17 kit before they supplied the rear metal rail.
    I have also helped 2 other tweek/troubleshoot P80 G19 kits and another with a G17 kit they built.
    EVERY one I have had, you had to tweek or deal with something that did not fit perfect. That is all part of the game.
    I have a Police trade in G17 gen 3, so the advantage was I could see how it was SUPPOSED To work and operate to know when I saw something wrong.

Not sure if its was Marine gun Builder or someone else but EVERY one I built or saw, the tab on the top of the trigger bar that depresses the firing pin safety button was too high and required filing, reshaping and polishing.
    Its not the parts , its the frame cause pulled parts from my G17 and it did the same in my P80 G17 as well as a friends. One of mine is a genuine Glock parts kit, half of the friends were as well.
    I've had :
    Locking block too wide in the area that inserts to the frame.
    Trigger bars too high.
    Rear rail needs filing/grinding to sit low and match the pin holes (marine gun builder covers this)
    Hole mag catch spring fits into not deep enough
    Mag catch too thick to slide though grip needed filing then smoothing and polishing (non Glock Part)
    Firing pin spacer sleeve not fitting (purchased not fully assembled upper), too much coating inside, had to sand before using tool to insert
    Slide lock spring from a parts kit was wrong spring (sent G17, not G19 spring)
    (and probably more that i forgot).

I used flitz on all of them doing the 2cent trigger job technique

BTW, on the locking bar thing, The way you tell is that if you rack and empty gun, pull trigger and hold trigger, then pull slide back and SLOWLY let it go forward. If you can get it to stop and let go and it does not lock all the way, then something might be wrong. Its easy to tell its getting resistance with the firing pin safety button cause it won't do that if you don't have your finger holding the trigger back. This is one of the "oh, you need to run 400 rounds though it to break it in" things. Well, I disagree with that. Every tweek I did on a finished gun, I saw a problem with the first magazine then took home, fixed it, then it was fine.
    I think all but my Gen 1 G17 P80 kit have 500 rounds though them without problems.

BTW, my G17 Gen 3 police trade in that I got from Lou45 a couple weeks before he passed (RIP) had the slide lock spring buggered when I got it. Kept locking back on me while shooting. Pulled it apart and found where someone bent the spring up I guess from cleaning. fixed it and I think I have 2000+ rounds though it w/o a hiccup.

I agree that a KIT gun is not a FIRST candidate for a defense weapon unless you have no choice but I'd say once I get to 2000 rounds though the kit guns, I'd be more comfortable with them.
    My point being, you gotta spend the time and effort to learn and the patience to make it right. For me, it was the sheer experience of it. Going through the building made me more knowledgeable about the firearm and that's what I enjoyed.

Good Luck

Pretty much this^^^

...and I agree. The problem solving and tweaking is all part of the 'fun'.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Thanks, for the help everyone. I’ve looked up most of the places you all have suggested. I still can’t find a complete set in stock. What I’m looking for is a kit that has everything to complete pistol. I can’t seem to find any in stock.

Just to make it clear, this is not something I’m going to depend my life on, it’s just going to be a range toy. I just finally decided I wanted to do one of these projects.
    I’m not much of a pistol guy,anyways, and I don’t own any polymer frame pistols, but I thought putting one together would be fun.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Thanks, for the help everyone. I’ve looked up most of the places you all have suggested. I still can’t find a complete set in stock. What I’m looking for is a kit that has everything to complete pistol. I can’t seem to find any in stock.

Just to make it clear, this is not something I’m going to depend my life on, it’s just going to be a range toy. I just finally decided I wanted to do one of these projects.
    I’m not much of a pistol guy,anyways, and I don’t own any polymer frame pistols, but I thought putting one together would be fun.

Building it IS fun... and somewhat addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom