• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradg

May 12, 2017
    PSA has gottent in a batch of Carcano M91 TS now. From the pic they have up, some are M91 TS and some are M91 TSM. These are slightly different than M91/24. M91/24 is a cut down rifle, the regular M91 TS and TSM were designed and built as carbines.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/surplus-carcano-model-91-ts-rifle-6-5x52mm.html

What's extremely disappointing is this on the page
    **This item will not be shipped to C&R license holders**

:tdown:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    PSA has gottent in a batch of Carcano M91 TS now. From the pic they have up, some are M91 TS and some are M91 TSM. These are slightly different than M91/24. M91/24 is a cut down rifle, the regular M91 TS and TSM were designed and built as carbines.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/surplus-carcano-model-91-ts-rifle-6-5x52mm.html

What's extremely disappointing is this on the page
    **This item will not be shipped to C&R license holders**

:tdown:

On the left it says: "C&R Eligible: Yes". Have you contacted them? Maybe someone got overzealous with the cut and paste.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Worth a call, if only to satisfy our curiosity. Me, I boycott distributors who are upfront about not wanting to honor my 03. I can always find something nice to buy from someone who doesn't treat me like a leper.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I did call yesterday when I saw these. No answer, just said to email them. Appears to be no phone service it this time. I agree, should be C&R. :mad54: But maybe just what I need not to have another rifle. :innocent0

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Doesn't make business sense to me that they won't ship to FFL-03. The paperwork isn't any different.

DK Firearms (an IP here) has true carbines, not cut down rifles. $250 + $12 for the shipping and they ship to C&R. They posted a big photo in another thread.

Has anyone actually received one of these yet? I'm tempted.

bradg

May 12, 2017
    I have not bought one of DKs carbines, but that's because i already have both an M91 TS and an M91 TSM. Very pleased with both of them. Only annoying thing about the M91 TS is how hard it is to find a bayonet for it.
    I have not bought an M91/24 up to now because I shoot almost everything I have occasionally, and the M91/24 is the one model out of all the Carcano carbines that is a cut down rifle. And I've seen the videos on shooting PPU ammo through an M91/24. Perhaps I should get one anyways, though, to have a more complete collection.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Everyone will have them soon enough. There were 8,500 Carcanos sent to PW Arms along with 3,000 SKS. There were 1,500 Carcanos, 1,500 91/30, and 3,000 SKS sent to Century. Along with 500k rounds of both 7.62x54r a 7.62x39 sent to them and others. This was all within the last two months. The supplier in Europe has 60,000 Carcanos still currently in stock. IO still has plenty left of their Ethiopian haul. Century has warehouses to buy from in Ukraine. This is the Silver Age of Milsurps.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Everyone will have them soon enough. There were 8,500 Carcanos sent to PW Arms along with 3,000 SKS. There were 1,500 Carcanos, 1,500 91/30, and 3,000 SKS sent to Century. Along with 500k rounds of both 7.62x54r a 7.62x39 sent to them and others. This was all within the last two months. The supplier in Europe has 60,000 Carcanos still currently in stock. IO still has plenty left of their Ethiopian haul. Century has warehouses to buy from in Ukraine. This is the Silver Age of Milsurps.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

This^^^. Let PSA choke on thier Carcanos.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    This red hot gun market won't last forever and I'll remember those who treated me fairly. The auction house that I recently got my French MAB Modele D from screwed me over to the tune of $50 for 8.5% Florida sales tax on an interstate sales transaction. When I complained to them they said "too bad". So I sat on my hands and watched them really stick it to a bunch of collectors in another high end auction of theirs yesterday. Lots of nice early Colt autos and Lugers but wait until these folk get their invoices on Monday and realize they're paying hundreds more on top of a steep 20% premium. Yeah, that $3000 Navy Luger is gonna hit your bank account to the tune of $3900 after all the fees and shipping. Live and learn!

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    They must think that there's something vastly different about dealing with FFL 03s vs FFL 01s. They also probably don't deal with C&R guns a lot(I don't know for sure, I never specifically look for C&R guns on their website, lol), but that's still not really even a good excuse. They might be more worried about people faking their FFL 03 but there's still ways of validating the number. I think they just don't care to learn anything about it, and they know people will buy it anyway and send it to their preferred dealer of choice. Classic on the other hand makes it just about seamless, but unfortunately they only have the M91 cavalry carbine, not the 91 TS which I personally would've preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom