• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Mine was shooting low for me but I believe that to be in the grip on my first putting. What throws me off is my dry fire laser shoots exactly where I am aiming. So it’s got to be something I did wrong at the range. I Trijicon hd’s on it and noticed quite a height difference between those when laid end to end with my old triji’s I have on a 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know your level of experience, but for newer shooters that's pretty normal. When you're dry firing with a laser you know the gun won't recoil. When you're at the range there's a mini explosion happening in front of your face so your natural instinct is to push it down away from your face.

If you're an experienced shooter, then I don't know. Maybe mix in some snap caps or training rounds with your live ammo and see if you dip a lot when you drop the striker on an inert round.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, it shot wonderfully and I like it better than the 43 or 48. I also have giant hands though. For those with smaller hands, g43 and a tiny baseplate extension might be okay.

I have the Pierce +1 on the factory 6 round g43 mags and I can barely get my giant paws on it.

G43x for the win.

You shot like an Operator!

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I don't know your level of experience, but for newer shooters that's pretty normal. When you're dry firing with a laser you know the gun won't recoil. When you're at the range there's a mini explosion happening in front of your face so your natural instinct is to push it down away from your face.

If you're an experienced shooter, then I don't know. Maybe mix in some snap caps or training rounds with your live ammo and see if you dip a lot when you drop the striker on an inert round.

That’s what I am thinking too. And that’s the thing, I have been pulling triggers a decade now. My wife was experiencing the same thing and she’s a great shot, we shoot often. We chalked it up to a suck fest. Ultimately I need to get back on this gun. My other pistols shoot lights out in my hands. Now I’ll say this - my press from the chest point shooting was very nice with the 43X.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

I shoot a 642-1 very respectably and that’s DAO 1 7/8” bbl. Something about that day was off big time! I don’t really need more excuses to shoot lol. I’ll do it! I’ve seen me do it!

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Put another hundred and fifty through it today. Maybe I'm just out of practice or a big baby, but my follow-up shot accuracy dropped like 50% when I was using 124 grain + P gold dots. Fine with range ammo. Obviously I understand they are hotter, but I guess I just forgot how much hotter they were.

Think I'm going to switch to standard pressure 124 grain gold dots or federal HSTs. It is unlikely that I will fire a round in self-defense in my lifetime, and even less likely that if I do, the difference between +p and standard pressure would have made the difference.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Put another hundred and fifty through it today. Maybe I'm just out of practice or a big baby, but my follow-up shot accuracy dropped like 50% when I was using 124 grain + P gold dots. Fine with range ammo. Obviously I understand they are hotter, but I guess I just forgot how much hotter they were.

Think I'm going to switch to standard pressure 124 grain gold dots or federal HSTs. It is unlikely that I will fire a round in self-defense in my lifetime, and even less likely that if I do, the difference between +p and standard pressure would have made the difference.

My follow-ups are usually better than my first shots. I don't think that's a bragging point though.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

You're shooting waaaaaay toooooooo fast. :D

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    I guess I'll have to check it out in person.

I was looking for something smaller in general and tried the P365, Hellcat, and EC9 a couple weeks ago. All were ok, nothing stood out to me. It was a challenge for me to keep my hands on them the way I want, I have big mits and all of them wanted to jump out my hand. I happened to be in Masada Tactical today and saw a 43x. It felt pretty good in my hand. Headed to the range later, going to test it out before I make a decision. So far it seems promising...for me at least. :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Based on your rec, just got one. Worked fine with my aiwb g43x yesterday going down into town.
    Being able to adjust on the go is really the crown jewel.

Not knowing what exactly the size mag holder the shield arms 15 rounder fits, I just ordered the one they sell. I think Phlster makes it for them.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    365XL

Has anyone on this thread had the chance to check out the Sig P365XL? Also, how do people feel about the manual safety or about drawing it from holster if you get one that does not have the manual safety?

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Has anyone on this thread had the chance to check out the Sig P365XL? Also, how do people feel about the manual safety or about drawing it from holster if you get one that does not have the manual safety?

It is my EDC.
    No safety on mine. About 1000 rounds of practice including drawing from concealment with no issues. I have the Shield RMSw red dot on it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Folks I've spoken with who have the XL version are very happy with it.

Holster draw without a manual safety isn't an issue, provided you're doing the sort of practice you absolutely should be doing anyway. Millions of Glocks have been pulled from holsters without trouble - if that was a fundamental problem, we'd sure know it by now. I carry the original P365, and don't miss a safety at all.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I noticed on the Sig web site that there were a surprising number of complaints about the tritium sites being dead when purchased or shortly thereafter. Quite surprising to see that on the sig web site without them doing something to address the issue. Did yours come with the tritium sites?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

I've carried several guns over the past 15 years. The Sig 365XL being the best option. Size wise it is great for concealment but not so small you can't get a purchase on it when upholstering. Sight radius is sufficient for for its intended purpose and 12-15 rounds is a good amount for its size.

The only drawback I have is the flat trigger has taking me a bit to get used to.

I replaced my sights shortly after buying the gun. I don't like the green sights at all. Contrasting colors is very beneficial when it comes to picking up the front sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom