• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I just picked up a nice barreled action for a 1943 Remington 03/A3 and want to do my best to restore it to its glory. The only thing wrong with the action I have is, it looks like a previous user cut the top off of the peep. Other than that it's good. Here are some things I need:

1. Nice Remington stock. Complete of possible. If not complete, I would need:
    2. Magazine spring
    3. Follower
    4. Trigger guard
    5. Stacking swivel band
    6. Butt plate
    7. Lower and upper band.
    8. Other stuff that I'm not sure of.

Other than Numerich, where else is a good source for parts?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    CMP site has parts all the time.
    That will be your best source to get what you need at a reasonable price.
    There is or was two stocks on there last night and one for a S/C the other day.
    One was NOS for less than a CMP repop fro when they had them.
    I was going to buy one of the stocks for a spare would be tempted to build it into another rifle.
    I have one 4 groove barrel left and stock would just get me into trouble lol.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    CMP site has parts all the time.
    That will be your best source to get what you need at a reasonable price.
    There is or was two stocks on there last night and one for a S/C the other day.
    One was NOS for less than a CMP repop fro when they had them.
    I was going to buy one of the stocks for a spare would be tempted to build it into another rifle.
    I have one 4 groove barrel left and stock would just get me into trouble lol.

Maybe I'm an idiot (likely), but I went to the CMP Store website and can't find anything. If I type 1903a3 in the search bar nothing comes up except a Criterion barrel and a repro scope.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Maybe I'm an idiot (likely), but I went to the CMP Store website and can't find anything. If I type 1903a3 in the search bar nothing comes up.

You have to go on the forums and create an account/become user. (join)
    Once the admin allows permissions, just look into the bolt action market place.

I very rarely buy things form the most popular online suppliers unless I'm in a pinch.
    A quick once over of the buyer/ seller feedback will provide all the information you need to be assured of any purchase you may make.
    Better price-selection quicker shipping and all that.

There's a couple forum members here, one in particular who deals with M1 parts that are regular sellers on the site that are well regraded for providing quality items exactly as described with no hassle.
    Sometimes at door buster prices when you don't expect it so be careful for how much you peruse.

Advertise what you need and you'll find it in the want to buy.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I've had good results on Ebay. Their return policy favors buyers, so you dont get screwed if the condition is bad or the parts are wrong.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I've had good results on Ebay. Their return policy favors buyers, so you dont get screwed if the condition is bad or the parts are wrong.

I just ordered a stock with a handguard. It's a Type 10, which I believe is the correct stock for this receiver. According to the serial number it was manufactured in Feb 1943. If I understand it correctly, they used a type 10 stock.

Here's the stock: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203054992498

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I just picked up a nice barreled action for a 1943 Remington 03/A3 and want to do my best to restore it to its glory. The only thing wrong with the action I have is, it looks like a previous user cut the top off of the peep. Other than that it's good. Here are some things I need:

2. Magazine spring
    3. Follower
    4. Trigger guard
    5. Stacking swivel band
    6. Butt plate
    7. Lower and upper band.

Not mentioned but I have a nice complete bolt that I bought as a spare so whatcha got to trade if you need it.

fpmst930

Oct 21, 2019
    Rockville MD

2. Magazine spring
    3. Follower
    4. Trigger guard
    5. Stacking swivel band
    6. Butt plate
    7. Lower and upper band.

buzrueger@hotmail.com always has parts on hand and he is in Kensington MD.

He is always in the front of the dulles gun shows selling K98s/1903s/Lugers/P38s.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I just picked up a nice stripped barrel for an 03 on CMp forums for 25 bucks.

Im going to swap it out maybe on MK- 1 I have that has an Avis rebuild barrel on it to see if I can get it to shoot a little better.

Best place around to buy parts when they pop up.

Amherst has some decent stuff available when checked their new web page. I bought some odds and ends just to have on hand and becuase they are often new old stock.
    The O3 parts fluctuate drasticly in price from time to time especially when drill rifles come available from Dupage.

Amherst has free shipping on on orders over 35.00

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    I would go over to the CMP forum. Bob Visher probably has everything you need. Not always the cheapest prices but he would be a one stop shop for you. I can pm his email if you like.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I've been waiting for the forum administrator to allow me to post on the forum. It's been over a week. I guess I'll check it again tonight.

fpmst930

Oct 21, 2019
    Rockville MD
    I just picked up a nice stripped barrel for an 03 on CMp forums for 25 bucks.

Im going to swap it out maybe on MK- 1 I have that has an Avis rebuild barrel on it to see if I can get it to shoot a little better.

Best place around to buy parts when they pop up.

Amherst has some decent stuff available when checked their new web page. I bought some odds and ends just to have on hand and becuase they are often new old stock.
    The O3 parts fluctuate drasticly in price from time to time especially when drill rifles come available from Dupage.

Amherst has free shipping on on orders over 35.00

View attachment 294501

View attachment 294502

Nice pickup. Are the 1903mk1 and 1903A3 barrels interchangeable?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The two barrels will thread on but not really interchangeable beyond that. The 1903/1903 Mark I barrel (the same barrel) have are milled for a rear sight base sleeve on them...the '03A3 barrel does not. The front sight milling is different as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom