• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jagiov

Sep 2, 2020
    Bel Air
    My first handgun arrived at my designated FFL yesterday - 17 Gen5 MOS. After 2+ months of pursuing this, I'm in the "coming off" period.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Had to chime in since I just saw this thread but I just got my first Glock 2 weeks ago. It is a Glock 19 with the MOS slide. I don't even plan to mod anything, but my son likes the idea of a red dot, so if he ever gets his HQL (turned 21 during pandemic), and has problems trying to find something to buy, I'll have something he can use temporarily.

In response to one of your original questions, I went new just in case. I did the same for my first 1911, I wanted "standard/stock" so I went with a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec. I could go on and on about which is better and in certain discussions that would be worth it, but you know what, I like them both...and you know why? I pull the trigger and they go "BANG" and make holes in the paper.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    THANKS AGAIN!!!
    The Gen 5 Glock 19 I ended up getting was pretty sad and lonely, being the only Glock!(
    Luckily, United had a 21, so the 19 is lonely no more!!!

Yesss! .45acp and 9mm. That just about covers everything.

Im definitely not a first time Glock owner, but I did pop a cherry this weekend and picked up my first 10mm, with the pick up of a new Glock 20. I now own Glocks in every caliber except .45 GAP (which I dont plan on changing). Now if I could just find a Glock 40 MOS slide Ill be all set.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What's your intended use?

Functionally they're all the same so decision factors should probably be based on ammo type, size, etc...

Will you carry it and if so, how do you prefer to carry it?
    Is it for range/recreation use?
    Is it for protection?
    Etc...

^^THIS. The only intelligent answer to the question. If the OP hasn't read any of the dozen or so times this question has been asked, the answers are always the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom