• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    G17 mag compatible from Kentucky Gun for $450 ...

http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=60329

I would be surprised if these last an hour. They sell out at Buds within 5 minutes when listed, but Buds might alert more customers.

These have the 17-rd mag, so you will need to tell them in the comment field to hold the mag or they might cancel your shipment to Maryland.

This rifle is the 4 lb folding carbine (folds in half - probably easy to put in a backpack) that is priced a little over the Hi-Point carbines and much less than the 9mm Beretta Storm and CZ Evo Scorpion carbines (the last being a more traditional stock folder).

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I consider my Subby the most incredible gun score I have ever achieved. Never thought I would find one in 9mm Glock 17. Hafers had one, and my PM was first.....

The next score was my AK 74, which had zero bids on GB. I waited until the very last second, and got it at the lowest possible price. Nice Bulgy with plum furniture.

And then 2013 happened. :sad20:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This is supposed to be the second most difficult production gun to find ... glad we have Fidelity! Happy with my gen 1 so saving for something they may be wanting to ban like an illegal immigrant ? Being an actual citizen I would be the one deported ugh. Good find!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is supposed to be the second most difficult production gun to find ... glad we have Fidelity! Happy with my gen 1 so saving for something they may be wanting to ban like an illegal immigrant ? Being an actual citizen I would be the one deported ugh. Good find!

Lol, now you have me curious ... what's number 1 (outside of limited production 1911s, guns by boutique manufacturers, etc)?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    CZ 9mm carbine.

MDS IPs seem to have pretty good inventory, on a rolling basis.

Off the internet, I see both flavors as well ...

https://www.deguns.net/CZ-USA-CZ-Scorpion-EVO-3-S1-16-9mm-Carbine-p/08505.htm
    https://www.deguns.net/cz-scorpion-carbine-08507-806703085074-sbr-ready-p/08507.htm
    http://defenderoutdoors.com/cz-scorpion-carbine-9mm-16-faux-suppressor

I think it's something harder to find - and am curious if it's something that I would want as well. :D

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So I picked up one today that I ordered from Buds. The Buds website listed a Gen 1 UPC. They shipped a Gen 2 with a Gen 2 UPC. Although I don't know for certain, I would guess that new inventory that these distributors are receiving is Gen 2 and Gen 1 is out of production, and internet gun store websites are not updated.

For those of you with a Gen 2, when you extend the stock, I'm guessing you can no longer fold the rifle because of the front sight hitting the extended stock (for those unfamiliar with the rifle, stock doesn't rapidly slide into new positions, a cross pin needs to be removed first). Too bad if this is the case because I'm finding the length of pull is short.

Note, maintaining the ability to fold also precludes mounting a red dot on the (kind of useless) top picatinny rail.

Nonetheless, I love the lightweight aspect of the carbine and its amazingly small space it occupies when folded. It points fast too. Can't wait to test at the range and compare to a 9mm CZ carbine working off the irons.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

For those of you with a Gen 2, when you extend the stock, I'm guessing you can no longer fold the rifle because of the front sight hitting the extended stock (for those unfamiliar with the rifle, stock doesn't rapidly slide into new positions, a cross pin needs to be removed first). Too bad if this is the case because I'm finding the length of pull is short.

Note, maintaining the ability to fold also precludes mounting a red dot on the (kind of useless) top picatinny rail.

NM, the rear stock is notched to receive the folded back front sight post when the stock is fully extended. For me, this one inch extension feels much better when getting a sight picture.

6c5a3c544fc7826cacbde8f7e09907c5.jpg

146e491f27e925144b1f3cbedac357ce.jpg

10c6c6661b4d21baae0d687a3b413e6c.jpg

As per the red dot issue, Military Arms Channel on YouTube mentions a Midwest Industry reticulating mount that gets around this problem.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    To give you guys a sense of how ridiculously compact this thing is when folded, see the pic below with the mostly used paper towel roll, 20 oz Ozark Trails tumbler, and 9.7 inch iPad case. The Sub2000 will fit in small backpacks with room to spare. It packs smaller than the Ruger 10/22 Takedown and is lighter.

6b13d02985f595619d6b923f347233ff.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom