• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nerf Herder

Oct 18, 2015
    I've just picked up a Glock 19 MOS. I've been doing some searches here and not found any current information.

I'm down to the Vortex Venom or the Burris Fast Fire III. I wish I could try before I buy.

Does anyone use these sights and know:
    Do I have to also purchase suppressor sights to be able to co-witness?

What is the "best" MOA dot size for a handgun?

I carry concealed. How long do the batteries last with constant use?

At what distance did you set your zero?

Thanks

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I've just picked up a Glock 19 MOS. I've been doing some searches here and not found any current information.

I'm down to the Vortex Venom or the Burris Fast Fire III. I wish I could try before I buy.

Does anyone use these sights and know:
    Do I have to also purchase suppressor sights to be able to co-witness?

What is the "best" MOA dot size for a handgun?

I carry concealed. How long do the batteries last with constant use?

At what distance did you set your zero?

Thanks
    I think a 3.5 - 4 MOA dot should be fine, but it will boil down to your eyes and personal preference. I zeroed my Trijicon RMR at 25 yards so that's what I would recommend.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    i would guess that those dots will last a short period of time. people are blowing high end sights up on 19s from recoil.

if you are going to buy a cheap sight why not just use irons?

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it and how many magazines did it come with? Considering getting my first glock and the 19 seems to fit my needs and like the MOS option.

Nerf Herder

Oct 18, 2015
    Thanks for the replies. Wayne1one I was thinking 25 yards as well since that's usually the farthest distance in which I have to qualify.

travistheone from what little I've been able to find online the current wave of red dot sights are designed to handle the constant recoil. I have the "aging eyes" syndrome and have shot one Glock with a red dot sight. It was a Glock 21 .45 acp. I didn't have to tilt my head as far back as it could go to find the iron sight in my progressive eyeglass lenses. In fact I didn't have to tilt my head at all! I kept a fist size group at 25 yards no problem. Something I can't do with iron sights frankly, because it's hard for me to see. I admit I need better glasses.
    GREAT video by the way. (Yes I watched the whole thing)

Doitsouthstyle I qualify for the Blue Label program through Glock (Thank you Glock!) Price was right around $500 with 3 magazines. 10 rnd mags of course.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    Understood. What would be a top end optic?

Trijicon RMR and Leupold Deltapoint Pro

But they are not without flaws.

RMR's have to be removed from the gun to change the battery and the way the battery is held may cause some flickering under recoil. Luckily the battery lasts quite a while.

Deltapoint Pro sits pretty high and may not cowitness and its on the high end $$$ wise.

This might prove be another quality option, but I don't think they are available yet.
    http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-posts/reflex-mini-sight

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I've got the Delta Point Pro on my G34. I picked up a factory reconditioned model for $380. I really like it. I'm hitting 6" groups at 25 yds and I've only been shooting for a few months.

As someone noted it does seem to sit high but from what I've read it still aligns with suppressor sights. I was going to get raised sights but I dont want to spend an extra $130 for a decent set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    If you decide to buy a Trijicon RMR from Optics Planet dot com, give them a call and ask for a discount. I just bought one from them for almost 25% less than the listed price. Throw in no taxes and free shipping and it was a deal compared to the price at other sites like Amazon. This is the second time I have gotten a discount off the listed price for an item with them. So don't just take the price you see when you try to order the optic on-line. You'll get a much better price by giving them a call and talking to a sales associate.

Cal68

DYI01

Jan 8, 2015
    Vortex Venoms have been holding up extremely well on reciprocating slides. Plus with their lifetime warranty and terrific customer service its easy to get a replacement if it fails.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    i would guess that those dots will last a short period of time. people are blowing high end sights up on 19s from recoil.

if you are going to buy a cheap sight why not just use irons?

I destroyed 2 JPoints on my 1911. They said they had a bad batch of glue because the lenses kept falling out. They sent me another one brand new and I sold it. Went back to irons and will never put a red dot on another pistol. I also never liked that it was only really accurate for bull's-eyes at one distance, you move 5-10yds and your off again. Iron are the way to go on pistols IMHO.

Nerf Herder

Oct 18, 2015
    I destroyed 2 JPoints on my 1911. They said they had a bad batch of glue because the lenses kept falling out. They sent me another one brand new and I sold it. Went back to irons and will never put a red dot on another pistol. I also never liked that it was only really accurate for bull's-eyes at one distance, you move 5-10yds and your off again. Iron are the way to go on pistols IMHO.

Good to know. My intent is to really give this a try impartially. A red dot on a 1911 would really be sweet. Like you said - if it works!

timkz

Oct 14, 2013

Attachments

• Glock34.jpg
      Glock34.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 224

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member