• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nerf Herder

Oct 18, 2015
    I have a Vortex Venom with Dawson Precision MOS sights on my G34 MOS. I can do a 1/3 co-witness with this setup. Over 1500 rounds and extremely happy with both!

Here is the link to the DP sights: https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of...t-for-trijicon-rmr-and-similar-scope-bases-1/

It looks like you got the fiber front sight. Does it interfere or confuse you when you're looking for the dot? Would a black front sight be better?

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    It looks like you got the fiber front sight. Does it interfere or confuse you when you're looking for the dot? Would a black front sight be better?

It's funny you should mention it because I did not consider that when I ordered the sight. It can be a problem if you leave it red but the sight comes with spare green and red replacement fibers. I switched the red fiber to green and it is not an issue whatsoever. It is a very nice sight picture.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I just got a g19 gen 5 and put a 3.25 MOA Trijicon RMR on it.

The only thing I can say is "why did I wait so long to get one"

I never shot a glock very well due to the grip angle. But with a RMR you have to torque your wrist a little to see the red dot, and at least for me it has totally changed my opinion of glocks.

I can shoot faster and more accurate with the RMR it is almost comical how easy it is. Today I had a G17 mag plus 1 in the pipe doing mag dumps at 25 yds ringing steel as fast as I could push the trigger.

The G19 with an RMR is quickly replacing my VP9 as my favorite gun to shoot/carry

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I have 3500 rounds through my G45...running a Deltapoint Pro. It's been 100% reliable. I personally wouldn't spent the $$ again for suppressor sights to co-witness - they're expensive, you won't ever use them and in a pinch you can use the optic window and the front sight for a personal defense type shot.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Ugh. I've been resisting getting/accepting red dots on pistols for so long. But I'm starting to feel I'm like the old guys who can't let go of their revolvers for primary duty weapon carry.

Maybe I need to look into it.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Let me know if you want to come shoot mine.

I'm in GB but shoot in Harwood of you want to meet

For ME it is a game changer. I never felt like I shot Glocks very well. I don't like the grip angle. But with the RMR you have to cant your wrist a little to pick up the red dot. Which makes the grip angle near perfect for ME.

Neo, I sent you a PM about the 124g HST if you still need them

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I chose a Trijicon rmr with 6.0 moa dot cause I'm getting old. I zeroed mine lollipop over my front post(suppressor height). Supposedly, you can get two years on a battery so I'd recommend replacing every year to be sure.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I chose a Trijicon rmr with 6.0 moa dot cause I'm getting old. I zeroed mine lollipop over my front post(suppressor height). Supposedly, you can get two years on a battery so I'd recommend replacing every year to be sure.

I got the 3.25 moa dot. I zeroed mine a little above the suppressor height front sight. I went with just a black front blade sight. what sights did you get? I was afraid to get tritium sights from what I read. Some said tritium sights and a red dot dont play well

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ugh. I've been resisting getting/accepting red dots on pistols for so long. But I'm starting to feel I'm like the old guys who can't let go of their revolvers for primary duty weapon carry.
    The dirty secret of shooting with a red dot is that it actually makes you much better with irons, too. I shoot with a red dot about 80% of the time (and dry-fire with them 100% of the time), but when I'm forced into using irons for multi-gun matches I am shockingly good with them for the near-zero practice I put in.

Where people get messed up is that they don't put the time in, and never develop the index. They also frequently discover their grip and recoil control were considerably worse than they realized, and the red dot exposes all their flaws.

As for irons, I've actually got fairly high irons on one gun (Brownells Glock slide, RMR, suppressor height sights) and I still never notice them in actual use. But on my Carry Optics competition pistol, I don't even bother with them...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The dirty secret of shooting with a red dot is that it actually makes you much better with irons, too. I shoot with a red dot about 80% of the time (and dry-fire with them 100% of the time), but when I'm forced into using irons for multi-gun matches I am shockingly good with them for the near-zero practice I put in.

Where people get messed up is that they don't put the time in, and never develop the index. They also frequently discover their grip and recoil control were considerably worse than they realized, and the red dot exposes all their flaws.

As for irons, I've actually got fairly high irons on one gun (Brownells Glock slide, RMR, suppressor height sights) and I still never notice them in actual use. But on my Carry Optics competition pistol, I don't even bother with them...

Dry firing red dots gives you tons of feedback that you never get from dry firing plain iron sights. :thumbsup:

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I'm glad the thread was revived. I just bought a Canik TP9FSx and have been considering what red dot to run on it. I was concerned about durability and have looked at a lot of videos on them. It looks like the Trijicon RMR Type 2 is going to get the nod.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm glad the thread was revived. I just bought a Canik TP9FSx and have been considering what red dot to run on it. I was concerned about durability and have looked at a lot of videos on them. It looks like the Trijicon RMR Type 2 is going to get the nod.
    Great review...

slowz32

Dec 3, 2014
    Mt. Airy
    trijicon rmr on my Glock 19 mos. Gun lives in my nightstand (except for range days) and rmr is never turned off. I change the battery every New Years day. Red dot is always still on, been doing this for the past 3 years.

**damn didn't realize this thread was started 4 yrs ago haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom