Anyone here in the appliance repair business?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Specifically refridgerators. I need someone to diagnose and fix my fridge. I would much rather spend my money within the community than pick a random repair man who may or may not know what he is doing. I can discuss specifics with someone over phone, text or pm.

I am in Belcamp if it makes a difference.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sometimes as easy as a reset or pull the plug, wait 30 seconds then plug back in. Still have my 30 year old whirlpool with no fancy electronics. Wife keeps wanting to buy a new water/ice thru the door model and I keep waiting. Without knowing specifics. Can also call dealer or Best Buy and see if they have anyone knowledgeable in appliance section.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    With people's help here and youtube, I replaced a soldered blown fuse on the circuit board of my LG that I didn't even know had a fuse inside. Saved a fridge & freezer full of food, took a few minutes instead of ordering a new circuit board.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Thanks for the replies so far. Mine is a Kenmore Elite 31 cf french door built by LG. It is 5 years old. I have Googled the model number and symptoms. Nothing.

Symptoms are as follows.
    Doesn't cool.

Compressor and all fans and literally everything else works. Coil in the rear is religiously cleaned every 6-8 months. Inside coil has been verified ice free.

I think it is either some type of thermistor or thermostat or something going **** up or the board.

The model number is 795.72053.112 if anyone's Google fu or YouTube fu is better than mine and wants to throw some time at it.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    If it matters, this was all preceeded by the ice maker taking longer and longer to make ice. Sometimes it would speed up for a few days and then slow down. Ice maker is in the fridge door.

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    If it matters, this was all preceeded by the ice maker taking longer and longer to make ice. Sometimes it would speed up for a few days and then slow down. Ice maker is in the fridge door.

Kaylor's in BelAir 410-838-2928. He kept my old Maytag working for 30 years ....

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Sometimes as easy as a reset or pull the plug, wait 30 seconds then plug back in. Still have my 30 year old whirlpool with no fancy electronics. Wife keeps wanting to buy a new water/ice thru the door model and I keep waiting. Without knowing specifics. Can also call dealer or Best Buy and see if they have anyone knowledgeable in appliance section.

call Best Buy ....good one

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for the replies so far. Mine is a Kenmore Elite 31 cf french door built by LG. It is 5 years old. I have Googled the model number and symptoms. Nothing.

Symptoms are as follows.
    Doesn't cool.

Compressor and all fans and literally everything else works. Coil in the rear is religiously cleaned every 6-8 months. Inside coil has been verified ice free.

I think it is either some type of thermistor or thermostat or something going **** up or the board.

The model number is 795.72053.112 if anyone's Google fu or YouTube fu is better than mine and wants to throw some time at it.

You might try looking here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kenmore+elite+31+not+cooling

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    We have a second fridge so this is not as much of an emergency as it may seem. I am going to call someone out. I appreciate the recommendations. I was just asking if anyone here was in the business because I would rather pay someone here than a random person. I Checked in my lodge as well, and the Grand Lodge doesn't have the directory up so I am going to have to call one of the guys recommended here.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    pull the capacitor and have it checked....if you were closer I'd let ya use my capacitor meter

Does the Compressor try to start... does it short cycle,, (compressor run for a few seconds) ?

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I had a new GE fridge, 1 yr old, just up and "die." Turns out, it was a known fault. A cheap typical DC power PC fan failed, killing the whole system. Replaced the fan, worked fine. Warranty person even had a sticker that said the fan had already been replaced, that's how prevalent the problem was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom