• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I am part of a small local gun club. We do a 3gun annually and we are looking to up our game this year. We are looking for someone local to help us set up the course. A volunteer would be great, as all proceeds go to benefit our club.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    so, where's the club? what's the layout, bay sizes, etc?
    If this is what I suspect it is, it's at Bollinger's.

I didn't go this past year due to a family event conflict, but if it was like the year before, the thing that would make it much better is drastically upping the round count. Three gun is all about slinging lots of lead down range, and like twenty rounds on a run is a little underwhelming. Also would suggest somewhat more complex stages - targets at varying distances, etc. Make people have to think about what kind of optics and gear they're running, etc. Newbie-friendly is sensible sometimes, but it makes for boring matches and events for anyone who's not a newbie.

Now that AGC has an action range, I would strongly advise investigating that option...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'd suggest hitting various 3 gun matches, taking notes (and even pics) on the stages, and figuring out what you need to do to make them work at your range. sure if you look online you can find a bunch of stage descriptions. yes, high round count (at least 10 each gun per stage) and some variety and challenge make it all fun. there's a decent investment in targets, props and accessories also. poppers, plates, flashers, clay pigeon holders, texas stars. cardboard targets and target stands, dump buckets and barrels, walls, fault lines.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    i'd suggest hitting various 3 gun matches, taking notes (and even pics) on the stages, and figuring out what you need to do to make them work at your range. sure if you look online you can find a bunch of stage descriptions. yes, high round count (at least 10 each gun per stage) and some variety and challenge make it all fun. there's a decent investment in targets, props and accessories also. poppers, plates, flashers, clay pigeon holders, texas stars. cardboard targets and target stands, dump buckets and barrels, walls, fault lines.

Ditto. There are lots of local 3Gun venues that use both big and small shooting areas so you can see what may fit for you, including Peacemaker, Fred. IWLA, Thurmont CSC, York IWLA, just to name a few.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    PM Howard Thompson. He's the leader of the pack up at York IWLA. He also just came in 7th place at the annual NRA 3 gun match in Virginia. He sets up a mean course. I think they have 6 of them up there. My cousin shoots on his team.

Howard is retired from 3 gun. He got 7th in amateur class at last years NRA world shoot. If you really want to learn setup, join us at York on 8/11 @ 8am for a setup. I’m sure Buddy will show you the ropes. He is our new 3gun match director at York. You can PM me and I can put you in touch with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom