• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Great turnout for Saturday's match. The weather was beautiful and everyone shot well. We had a couple of .22 trainers show up today and that was interesting. The REALLY interesting thing was Little Art running a Springfield Trapdoor 45-70. By his third string of fire he had it down really good.

As usual, I want to thank everyone for pitching in and helping out. There is no way I could do it on my own. You all are the best.

Here are the August results. Enjoy and we'll get together again next month.

Attachments

• AAAugust_2018_Results.jpg
      AAAugust_2018_Results.jpg
      50.3 KB · Views: 216

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    The date is June? Hmm. I imagine the scores are correct too?

Hahaha. Each month I use a template I created for scoring the matches. I should take the date off of the template because it easy to forget about changing it. I've posted it with the wrong date before and went back, changed it and re-uploaded it. I can do that for you too if this gets your knickers in a twist.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Hahaha. Each month I use a template I created for scoring the matches. I should take the date off of the template because it easy to forget about changing it. I've posted it with the wrong date before and went back, changed it and re-uploaded it. I can do that for you too if this gets your knickers in a twist.

Haha. Just having fun with you. Great time and great job! What a great group we have. Can’t wait until next one.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Not too shabby for a 135 year old rifle :innocent0

The trapdoor was rushed into service with a new front sight (probably still warm from the grinder) and very hastily "developed" smokeless load, but I'm glad I brought her along. The notch in that rear sight is so narrow and hard to see (especially with my contact lenses acting up...I'm really afraid that when I go to the doctor, she's going to say it's my eyes, not the lenses going bad:sad20: ), but I took my time for the sighters and all three were 9 or better:party29:. I figured that would be my best shooting of the day...and wasn't completely wrong.:o

I rushed through the first string. I knew (or should have known) going in, that 2.5 minutes is plenty of time for 10 single fed shots...but I still rushed it. The rifle (she doesn't have a name yet, but when she gets one, her initials will have to be "JH," as that's carved into her stock), and still haven't gotten our elevation nailed. Katie was spotting for me, and we made a nice group above and below the 9 ring. In fact, while the three sighters were in the black, none of the first string were :rolleyes:

For the next two strings, I really knew (even though I already should have known) that I didn't have to rush. Forcing myself to take an extra blink to get my eyes, contacts, and sights figured out made all the difference in the world. Honestly, if I hadn't thrown away the first string, the could have been one of my best scores (as it stands, it isn't my worst:o)

My intent had been to bring a different rifle to every match (you know, so I don't get familiar and actually improve with any :rolleyes:), but the trapdoor might come out again this season.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Not too shabby for a 135 year old rifle :innocent0

The trapdoor was rushed into service with a new front sight (probably still warm from the grinder) and very hastily "developed" smokeless load, but I'm glad I brought her along. The notch in that rear sight is so narrow and hard to see (especially with my contact lenses acting up...I'm really afraid that when I go to the doctor, she's going to say it's my eyes, not the lenses going bad:sad20: ), but I took my time for the sighters and all three were 9 or better:party29:. I figured that would be my best shooting of the day...and wasn't completely wrong.:o

I rushed through the first string. I knew (or should have known) going in, that 2.5 minutes is plenty of time for 10 single fed shots...but I still rushed it. The rifle (she doesn't have a name yet, but when she gets one, her initials will have to be "JH," as that's carved into her stock), and still haven't gotten our elevation nailed. Katie was spotting for me, and we made a nice group above and below the 9 ring. In fact, while the three sighters were in the black, none of the first string were :rolleyes:

For the next two strings, I really knew (even though I already should have known) that I didn't have to rush. Forcing myself to take an extra blink to get my eyes, contacts, and sights figured out made all the difference in the world. Honestly, if I hadn't thrown away the first string, the could have been one of my best scores (as it stands, it isn't my worst:o)

My intent had been to bring a different rifle to every match (you know, so I don't get familiar and actually improve with any :rolleyes:), but the trapdoor might come out again this season.

Art, your Trapdoor was awesome. I enjoyed the massive holes it left in the target. And, it is a beauty.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Rod, do you have the offhand results too? That's a fun addition!

What a perfect gorgeous weather day! There was some serious good shooting!

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I thought I had taken a picture of them, but apparently not. I do remember Tim won with the only shot in the black. Only 2 misses out of the group. Some seriously good shooting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom