• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-how-patrol-changed-20190208-story.html

The union that represents the Baltimore Police Department’s rank-and-file officers said the agency has “no existing crime plan” and patrol shifts are so understaffed and officers so overwhelmed by the volume of 911 calls that they are instructed on a nightly basis to respond only to the most violent and pressing ones.

Residents are not getting guns or carry permits, but Bloomberg is getting guns for his peeps at Hopkins. Guns bad, mkay, except my peeps.

Meanwhile the stroller mom limousine liberal parade is deeply focused on Ghost guns. Can we just make them live unarmed in Sandtown-Winchester for a few weeks? not even one Bloomberg armed guard? let THEM dial 911, lol.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Your thread title doesn't match the actual content but I'm sure you knew that because you just like to stir up sh!t.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Your thread title doesn't match the actual content but I'm sure you knew that because you just like to stir up sh!t.

He’s a 13’er and you know damn well that they’re on the list with ass-kickers, shit kickers and Methodists

Almost as bad the Dutch:rolleyes:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This forum more often than not these days makes it easy to see why the pro-gun community activist community in MD only gets smaller and does not accomplish anything. Many members here are more focused on complaining about my copy editing while driving people off the forum if they even remotely disagree in the slightest, meanwhile Annapolis is passing legislation, Hogan is signing bills, pro-gun legislators are getting defeated.

Complain away if it satisfies your internet ego. If you want a warm snuggle buddy, get a dog, I am not your warm blanket who will make you feel good.

I'm actually on your side. We are losing, the community is getting smaller, and maybe you should consider the possibly that since we the pro gun community are not getting it done and getting smaller, we are the shit that needs to be stirred. If you only want people who agree with you 100% all the time on your side, turn in your guns now its game over. It's a letter that does not get written, a donation not made,a vote not cast.

ETA: I think that the point of my OP is pretty obvious. Crime in Baltimore is outrageous, and police response times are ridiculous. Police have no duty to protect, and even if they did, they cant. Residents are their own first responders, but don't have the tools to defend themselves. Maybe you should point that out next time you run into a Baltimore resident or representative in Annapolis and help make self defense legal again in Baltimore.Or complain about my copy editing, your choice.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Baltimore City FOP released a rather stinging press release the other day that the OP is referencing. Including saying the police station is dirtier than the city jail.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fop3/status/1093978806136782853

Listen to the police scanner for about to 10 minutes and you’ll see the type of police service the city residents get. If you are reporting a crime (robbery, stolen car, etc.) after the fact, prepare to wait several hours before an officer responds. If that happened in the suburbs, people would lose their minds. I’m no big fan of the city but the residents deserve a “normal” police response time. I’m sure many of them feel like if they aren’t in immediate danger then they are on their own. I’m also sure that the criminals know this and act accordingly.

No law enforcement agency has the responsibility to protect or defend anyone their job is to enforce the law..nothing more. That is what makes Maryland''s wear and carry laws so immoral. .you aren't allowed to carry for self defense and the police have zero obligation to defend you..cops carry a firearm for one reason..to defend themselves. .

Baltimore City FOP released a rather stinging press release the other day that the OP is referencing. Including saying the police station is dirtier than the city jail.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fop3/status/1093978806136782853

Listen to the police scanner for about to 10 minutes and you’ll see the type of police service the city residents get. If you are reporting a crime (robbery, stolen car, etc.) after the fact, prepare to wait several hours before an officer responds. If that happened in the suburbs, people would lose their minds. I’m no big fan of the city but the residents deserve a “normal” police response time. I’m sure many of them feel like if they aren’t in immediate danger then they are on their own. I’m also sure that the criminals know this and act accordingly.

Nope..I disagree completely. The people who reside in the city of Baltimore are the ones who elected the half wits who create the laws and policies of the city..in essence, they asked for the police department they have and all the disfunction that goes along with it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Nope..I disagree completely. The people who reside in the city of Baltimore are the ones who elected the half wits who create the laws and policies of the city..in essence, they asked for the police department they have and all the disfunction that goes along with it.

Like we elected the MD General Assembly so we deserve the onerous gun laws?

Like we elected the MD General Assembly so we deserve the onerous gun laws?

That's comparing apples and oranges. The MGA is passing illegal laws bent on removing rights enumerated in our country's highest legal document. City democrats are electing fools who are destroying the city and by default the people who live in the city..there is no constitutional right to live in a safe place, and there is no right to police protection.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    BPD is suffering from Battered Cop Syndrome. Why put yourself in harm's way if you'll only get hung out to dry by PD leadership and the politicians?

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I'm a Baltmore city resident. This isn't news. BPD, for quite some time, has not had the resources or the leadership to effectively manage their call load. The context of this particular article highlights the issue created when there are multiple, possibly related, shootings/stabbings in a concentrated area within a short period of time.

The primary issue isn't manpower, it's the refusal of BPD to shift that manpower around as it's needed.

I used to work in a service environment, where we had technicians running calls. Using statistical modeling and manpower models (ie. plugging some numbers into an Excel spreadsheet), we would move technicians out of their assigned territory during periods of high volume in other territories. For some reason, I don't think BPD does this.

So the officer I see sleeping in his car in the Central doesn't get called over to the Western when something kicks off and they need more manpower.

(My bet is that's driven by the FOP, but I don't know for sure.) As always, I could be completely wrong.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Castle rock v gonzales. US Sup Ct 2005. A police dept has no duty to protect citizens from private actions. BCPD strung so thin, probably doesn’t have the ability to protect if it had the duty. That’s a majot failing of a civilized society.

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    Castle rock v gonzales. US Sup Ct 2005. A police dept has no duty to protect citizens from private actions. BCPD strung so thin, probably doesn’t have the ability to protect if it had the duty. That’s a majot failing of a civilized society.

Warren v DC was in 1986

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Have heart, gents and ladies. The supreme ct granted cert in the nys pistol club case last month. First gun case in the ct since heller and the bet is that it did so to rule on what level of constitutional scrutiny must be applied in 2A cases...intermediate as do almost all cts now, or strict. Maybe somehing in between. If they hold strict, many of maryland gun laws will become unenforceable...AR/ hi cap bans, apprehension of danger, etc. roberts will be the swing vote, i am thinking.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    That’s a majot failing of a civilized society.
    Stop it. You are talking about Baltimore, then Maryland. They have rules, they deal with it. Don't compare that to a free, society.

I live free we have plenty of responders. If your society dances in crime. Move.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This forum more often than not these days makes it easy to see why the pro-gun community activist community in MD only gets smaller and does not accomplish anything. Many members here are more focused on complaining about my copy editing while driving people off the forum if they even remotely disagree in the slightest, meanwhile Annapolis is passing legislation, Hogan is signing bills, pro-gun legislators are getting defeated.

Complain away if it satisfies your internet ego. If you want a warm snuggle buddy, get a dog, I am not your warm blanket who will make you feel good.

I'm actually on your side. We are losing, the community is getting smaller, and maybe you should consider the possibly that since we the pro gun community are not getting it done and getting smaller, we are the shit that needs to be stirred. If you only want people who agree with you 100% all the time on your side, turn in your guns now its game over. It's a letter that does not get written, a donation not made,a vote not cast.

ETA: I think that the point of my OP is pretty obvious. Crime in Baltimore is outrageous, and police response times are ridiculous. Police have no duty to protect, and even if they did, they cant. Residents are their own first responders, but don't have the tools to defend themselves. Maybe you should point that out next time you run into a Baltimore resident or representative in Annapolis and help make self defense legal again in Baltimore.Or complain about my copy editing, your choice.

100% with you. I do get it. Our only protection and self defense is to remained armed with firearms WE select not government says so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom