• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    The 2019 Axis & Allies Fun Match season will be starting in a few weeks on Saturday, April 6. Looking forward to another fun season with a few changes. The biggest change is, the matches will now be held on the 1st Saturday of each month and they will start earlier, so we can get finished earlier during the hot summer months. There will be a couple of times when the match will be held on a day other than the 1st Saturday of the month because of prior range commitments. For the calendar go to the DPFNG website calendar at http://www.dpfng.com/Schedule.aspx. The other big change is, we're going to start using Practiscore for match registration and scoring. If we can get that working, scores will normally be posted by the end of the match. I will send out a registration link once the first match is available on Practiscore. We will still be doing walk-in registration for a while until everyone gets used to Practiscore. However, the match is limited to 14 shooters and those registering via Practiscore will get first the chance at a slot. Stay tuned.

In case you haven't read them before, here are the basic guidelines and rules.

Registration starts at 9:00 and the fun match starts between 9:30 and 10:00. The match will be limited to 14 shooters.

This match is a very light competition with the emphasis being marksmanship, fun and few firearm regulations (other than safety). All shooting will be done from the bench. No prone, or seated on the ground. This is designed for the average shooter, not the high power match competitor. If you're looking for serious competition this will not be a good match for you.

* $10 entry fee, use your own ammo (33 rounds minimum)

* Only one gun per shooter.

* Military issued rifles up to and including 1960

* Smokeless powder cartridge only

* No sporterized stocks or barrels

* In order to help equalize the sighting improvements over the 100+ year time period this match covers and to help people with poor vision:
    1. Rear peep sights are allowed even if they weren't an issued item.
    2. Aftermarket scopes ARE also allowed even if scopes were not an issue item.

* There will be three simple classes:
    1. Optics: Anything using glass, and irons with front globe sights with a circle reticle.
    2. Irons: Iron sights (including rear peeps). Front globes are allowed in this class if they have a post type insert.
    3. Rimfire for .22 trainers.

* The range will be at 100 yds

* Targets will be NRA SR-1 100 yd. slow fire

* Front rifle rest only. No sleds or rear bags.

** NO RIFLES ARE TO BE UNCASED OR BROUGHT TO THE SHOOTING BENCH UNTIL THAT COMMAND IS MADE BY THE RANGE OFFICER.

* Round count will be a non scored 3 round "site in" followed by 3 strings of 10 shots. 30 scored shots total. Total possible score is 300.

* There will be 5 to 7 shooters on the line at a time shooting one string of 10. Shooters will have 2 minutes to set up their bench after which, on the RSO command, they will have 2 minutes to fire 3 sight-in / fouling shots, followed by a RSO cease-fire command. Next, at the R.S.O. command, the first scoring string will begin. After 2.5 minutes there will be a ceasefire AND ALL BOLTS WILL BE OPENED TO SHOW A CLEAR CHAMBER and a CHAMBER FLAG inserted. Targets will be scored and patched (because of the sighters, the first string will have 13 possible hit but only the best 10 will be scored), after which the shooters will return to the bench and, at the RSO command, shoot their second string and repeat for the third string. After the their third string the targets will be pulled and scored. The next wave a shooters will then go through the same procedures.
    You can use a spotter. We may have some spotting scopes set up, but it's best to bring your own if you want to spot your shots.
    The 2 minute set-up time when you get to the bench includes setting up your spotting scope if you have one.

If you have any questions, post them here.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I see the match on Practiscore but it is listed as private/open and I am not able to sign up. Is the registration not open yet?

Sorry. It says private/open because shooters need to register via the link I will be posting. There are a couple of glitches with the wording of email response that will go out after registration, but it should be ready to post late this afternoon or this evening. Keep an eye out.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I would like to bring the original smokeless US carbine. It saw combat in Cuba in 1898.
    Let me confirm my schedule before I sign up.

Well...:tap: what does your schedule say? I don't recall two Krags there at the same time before...we could probably make that happen:innocent0

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    If I'm reading Practiscore correctly, there are still some openings :innocent0

Yep. I even had a drop out that I need to remove from the list. I figure we'll have some drop ins on match day too. I think it's going to take a few months before people are aware of the new registration method, but we'll get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom