• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MykR0k

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 13, 2020
    I guess you have to ask what your purpose is. I carry everyday and when it's cold out and I have plenty of clothes, my Glock 19 which is my favorite handgun. When I'm more worried about concealment, the Glock 43X. When it's hot out, I'm in shorts or have to keep it as small as possible, the Glock 43.

Hogue also has a great Beavertail Grip Sleeves which make all Gen 5s perfect for me.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Like the wife’s g19. 9mm.

I am a g21 / 45cal guy.

If money permitted, I’d try a 43 for cc. Don’t carry cc too often, but I also like the sig 938 for that. I’d like to try that 43 as well. I think...

There are so many good products/choices, glock and other, and not enough money to try them!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I guess you have to ask what your purpose is. I carry everyday and when it's cold out and I have plenty of clothes, my Glock 19 which is my favorite handgun. When I'm more worried about concealment, the Glock 43X. When it's hot out, I'm in shorts or have to keep it as small as possible, the Glock 43.

Hogue also has a great Beavertail Grip Sleeves which make all Gen 5s perfect for me.

I have a large selection of Glocks to pick from, I only carry my 43 though. With Magguts I’m at 7+1 with another 8-16 with +2 Vickers extensions on my back up mags. I don’t have any interest to have 100+ different holsters (IWB/OWB/pocket) for my others. I highly recommend the GeePlate floor plate for the 43 as well. Welcome to try mine out if we meet.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    It would be just for taking to the range for some Target shooting probably 9mm, not looking for a carry gun. Does it mater if its GEN4 or 5, or for that matter if its Gen 3?
    Thanks

Honestly based on the above a 34 would be best for target shooting as well as could be used for home defense. I like my 17Ls but they are a bit long.
    (17Ls far left), 35 (same length as 34) 3rd from far right.

Attachments

• 094956B5-C97C-429A-B680-45CF6401BA64.jpg
      094956B5-C97C-429A-B680-45CF6401BA64.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 364

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I am not new to handguns, but never owned a Glock!(
    Seriously considering to fix that shortcoming, would appreciate some advice from current/past owners of Glocks. Also should I get used or new, looking to spend ~$400-$600.
    THANKS

Head over to the Machine Gun Nest in Frederick and try a few and see what fits you. Try the 17, 19 and maybe the 45. I prefer the 19x and the 45

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I have a 17 and 22. Since the S&W M2.0's came out I got two so far and like them better. I think glock seems to have the best prices on magazines though.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Lots of pre-teen girls posting in this thread.
    If a man is forced to buy a Glock, it should be a man's caliber. That being said, there are five options: 20, 29, 40, 31 and 32
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Gets expensive if you don’t roll your own or have an ammo business ;)

You should hear how loud my 31C/32C are!

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Honestly based on the above a 34 would be best for target shooting as well as could be used for home defense. I like my 17Ls but they are a bit long.
    (17Ls far left), 35 (same length as 34) 3rd from far right.

HOLLY MOLLY!)
    If I end up with as many Glocks my wife for sure will divorce me!)

Thanks for pics, all this good advice its making my pick more and more complicated. What is worst is I think my idea of having one Glock is going to backfire badly!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom