• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    IMHO, sales tax and shipping kills this otherwise good deal. Better off to pay more at a shop and see what you’re getting.

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    IMHO, sales tax and shipping kills this otherwise good deal. Better off to pay more at a shop and see what you’re getting.

$342 with shipping and tax and no additional bells and whistles (hand selected +$25, matching serial numbers +$20) ...I think you’re right, for that price you’re better off buying local

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    Sorry, guys. I saw the folding bayonets and heard about these being in pretty good condition regardless of "hand select" or not. I guess I'm just jaded by the folks asking $450 to $500 for their norincos and polytechs on armslist and at the local shows.

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    Sorry, guys. I saw the folding bayonets and heard about these being in pretty good condition regardless of "hand select" or not. I guess I'm just jaded by the folks asking $450 to $500 for their norincos and polytechs on armslist and at the local shows.

I completely get it. I looked at those a few months back and almost ordered one because I was seeing the same high asking prices you mentioned. However, I ended up getting lucky and finding a Yugo SKS 59/66 for a decent price.

I guess it all depends on if you want one right now or if you have some time to search/price negotiate.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sometimes Classic profiles a few “special” hand picks and sells them for a higher HP fee. One was an SKS with an even serial number, like 750000 or something. I’ve have jumped on that one in a second. I think they wanted $50 over the base price and you knew exactly what you were getting. That’s a good deal. But it sold too quick.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I bought one of these a million years ago at Woolworths sporting goods department---might have been $129 but I think i was less.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    The initial batch was okay. The recent batch is ugly.

dyjgpNh.jpg

Left: Initial batch SKS, almost no bluing however everything has a good fit, all matching (replacement stock), pristine bore. Foxtrot Lima Enterprises was the importer.

Right: Later batch SKS, bluing present, sloppy fit, all matching, prisitine bore, rust and pitting throughout. PW Arms was the importer.

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    The initial batch was okay. The recent batch is ugly.

dyjgpNh.jpg

Left: Initial batch SKS, almost no bluing however everything has a good fit, all matching (replacement stock), pristine bore. Foxtrot Lima Enterprises was the importer.

Right: Later batch SKS, bluing present, sloppy fit, all matching, prisitine bore, rust and pitting throughout. PW Arms was the importer.

That initial batch SKS looks pretty damn good! Much better than I would expect. Just out of curiosity, did you pay the extra money for a hand selected or “best out of whatever”?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    That initial batch SKS looks pretty damn good! Much better than I would expect. Just out of curiosity, did you pay the extra money for a hand selected or “best out of whatever”?

I like the look of the recent one. If you want your money back I might take it off your hands if you are close.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton

I did not add any extras. Some people got rifles with excellent bluing. I don't mind the look on mine, especially since mechanically it's pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom