My G43X. Perfect carry pistol for me. (for now) :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Everyone likes pictures. Here's a few. Since I haven't spent money the last month or so, I had money to spend :).
    A whole bunch of little things together, make 1 bigger thing. I loved the 43X bare bones, but after a little time with it, I figured I would doll it up a bit. "Take off the edges" so to speak.
    Here's a little list:

Vedder light tuck IWB: Not a new purchase.
    I have a couple of these. Only reason I went with Vedder was because it was one of the first that popped up on a search saying they have an adjustable cant. Look at how the handgrip butt goes perfectly vertical with the body line.There's the sweetness.
    Kydex is kydex is kydex. I got the "claw" with it. Those things are ridiculously stupid. I don't even know where that thing is laying right now.

Apex trigger:
    Stock trigger with those serrations/grooves/etc... were brutal on my finger when shooting. This is nice smooth, wider, flat one.

Tango Down Slide Release:
    Whatever you want to call it. I use it for a release. I like how it is "bumped out" at the top, and the serrations on the underside, for a better grip locking it up.

Tango down Slide cover racker thingy?:
    Kind of gimmicky, but does make a wee bit difference. I don't slingshot a rack, but I go over the top. This is very subtle, but I can feel it and it bolsters the slide grooves. I like it.

Shield Arms 15 round mags: Self explanatory. I just increased my ammo count 50%. 20 rounds up to 30. Game changer.

Shield Arms metal mag release: Recommended to use with metal mags. Metal mags chew up the stock plastic mag release.

I shot the mags already and worked perfectly. I haven't shot the trigger yet. Waiting until it gets a little warmer up here. I am sure it will make a YUGE difference.

Cheers!

Attachments

• carry.jpg
      carry.jpg
      144.4 KB · Views: 1,046
    • 43X.jpg
      43X.jpg
      109.2 KB · Views: 1,046
    • lock2.jpg
      lock2.jpg
      52.6 KB · Views: 1,047
    • slide.jpg
      slide.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 1,031
    • lock.jpg
      lock.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 1,032
    • trigger.jpg
      trigger.jpg
      89.9 KB · Views: 1,035
    • mags.jpg
      mags.jpg
      105.5 KB · Views: 1,030

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020
    Apex trigger:
    Stock trigger with those serrations/grooves/etc... were brutal on my finger when shooting. This is nice smooth, wider, flat one.
    Cheers!

Looks awesome. When I shot someone else's stock 43 I had the same sentiments about the trigger.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Dude, you can't put an aftermarket trigger on a carry gun! The courts will smack you down for making it into a WMD!!!!!

How have the Shield magazines worked?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Dude, you can't put an aftermarket trigger on a carry gun! The courts will smack you down for making it into a WMD!!!!!

How have the Shield magazines worked?

HEy! I called my local police department to see what ammo they use so I can argue that in court!

I put 50 rounds through each and they were perfect. I did have 1 failure to lock back. Since I know what I am doing, I shot the mag 1 handed with no fat thumb to interfere, since I always ride the release 2 handed. The lie detector determined that was the truth!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Initially I thought it was just me, but then I read a lot about how many people changed either the trigger, the trigger connector, or both.

Yeah I got the whole kit. I guess it's the trigger(naturally) and the trigger bar? and the little flat spring thingy that goes on the other part that goes down inside. LOL . I have no clue what the parts name are :D

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The bonus for me with the X, is no need for +2 baseplates with "pinky ledges" or whatever to lengthen the grip.

That's my beef with most of the stuff that is thin to carry. I'm no hardcore pro, so I worry about having to instinctively let go with pinky and some ring finger to swap mags whilst screaming and pissing myself in a stressful situation. The PPS is great for me, except for that short grip.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Looks great, not sure why Glock continues to offer the ribbed trigger shoes, smooth is SO much better.

And 15+1 HST's in a package that compact and light is a game changer yet still allows for a positive grip and control. Good luck...

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Amerigo isn't the OEM for the X. The Glock plastics are. But yes, these are the Hackathorns.
    de0b732205ae1d6ad4a7951e2872f14c.jpg

Ackchyually, the Ameriglo bold sights were a OEM part for the 43X and 48.

A Glock OEM part number such as PX4350301AB for the black slide or PX435SL301AB for the silver PVD slide, the AB indicates Ameriglo Bold sights.

When they were introduced, both the 43x and 48 were available with Glock plastics, Glock night sights, or the Ameriglo Bold. If I had to guess, for every ten 43x or 48 models we sold, nine were with the Ameriglo sights.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ackchyually, the Ameriglo bold sights were a OEM part for the 43X and 48.

A Glock OEM part number such as PX4350301AB for the black slide or PX435SL301AB for the silver PVD slide, the AB indicates Ameriglo Bold sights.

When they were introduced, both the 43x and 48 were available with Glock plastics, Glock night sights, or the Ameriglo Bold. If I had to guess, for every ten 43x or 48 models we sold, nine were with the Ameriglo sights.

did you have those part numbers memorized? :D

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    did you have those part numbers memorized? :D

I did. As I ordered quite a few of them about a year ago. Going through 5 or 6 different distributors, you had better know the SKU if you want to find what you are looking for.

Much like the other SKUs I cannot forget because we order so many.

1103 = Ruger 10/22 Carbine
    H001 = Henry .22
    H004 = Henry Golden Boy
    RFTH16-1 = Delton 316H "Heavy Brl, with 10 rd mag.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i bought my 43x with the ameriglo nite sites. i like them.

extended or widened slide releases on smaller frame guns don't work for me.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Nice gun, Blaster. I had occasion to fire a friend's a few times. Handles well, more comfortable to shoot than my Glock 43. I think I might prefer the 48, but they're both good. Not a fan of that slide racker thing. Indeed, I'd put a Striker Control Device on mine instead (have them on a few Glocks), which are much more important to me. +1 for the Vickers slide stop. Your sight choices are similar to mine on all my Glocks (I Dot Pros by Ameriglo). The silver slides have grown on me a bit. Shield Arms mags are getting good reviews. Only heard of a handful of issues among the many they've already sold.

Oh, there's a guy on Glocktalk who puts Glock 17 trigger shoes on Glock 43, 43x, and 48 trigger bars for like $30. It eliminates that serrated trigger and keeps the trigger more "stock" (at least a Glock part) if that matters to people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom