• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Starting a new thread on this.

Who is up for some clays on Saturday May 30 at Hopewell?

You can shoot either 50 clays, or they will be running a 3 clay shoot. They give you 3 clays at a station, and you shoot in a team of 2. So 4 shells, 3 targets.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Where is Hopewell?

VA maybe not VA From another MDS thread May 30 at Hopewell is the three bird shoot---I will probably be there and my kid if I can talk him into it---great fun as you can shoot as a team--100 birds total---4 shots at the three birds---you can do the regular 50 bird shoot or you can do the 3 bird alone with a semi---you will be busy however doing it by yourself. sign up starts at 8 first squad out at 9--it is usually pretty busy for the three bird but they do a kind of modified shotgun start to get people out quickly. Check out HopewellF&G website for directions--it is in Stewartstown Pa--first exit north of Md state line on I-83. If we get a few people we could have a squad or two put together. $14 for regular 50 bird--$28 for 3bird-100 clays --plus tip for the trapper. Hopewell does a great job with this-worth the ride if you have not been there yet---pm me if you need more info

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    PA, just over the line off I-83

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...6b8a6f2e790014!8m2!3d39.7296501!4d-76.5795457

https://www.hopewellfishandgame.com/

100 Bird Triple Shoots
    2020 Dates:
    March 28th
    April 25th
    May 30th
    June 27th
    July 25th
    August 29th
    September 26th
    October 31st
    November 28th

For information, please contact Shotgun/Sporting Clays - Cary Walsh at 717-993-6425.

Bring your semi's and pumps & Buddy Shoot

100 Targets (three targets at once)

Cost: $28.00 (Normal 50 target course available $14 )

Last squad at 1:30pm

Shooting from 9am to 3pm

The kitchen will be open for Breakfast and Lunch

Call the Club phone at 717-993-3829 for weather related closures. (no rain dates)

For more info, call Cary Walsh at 717-993-6425!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Those three bird shoots are a lot of fun. Nice people up there.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I should be there and maybe my son although I would be willing to team up with someone else for the buddy shoot if he doesnt come along

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I'm there most sat mornings first several squads. Some thursdays for 5 stand. It's in Stewartstown PA. Most people from the south will travel 83N to the last MD exit and then it's about another 15 min of backroads. Anyone North of whitemarsh would do better to drive backroads strait there. I hope to meet some of you guys as I"ve never made it to any of the gatherings.

If you're a pretty good shot and have a semi you are allowed to shoot 100 birds yourself and load three for the 3 bird shoot as well......

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I’m usually in the first squad or two and done by 10:30ish. Sometimes I shoot a second round. That’s on a regular weekend. 3 bird weekends are usually pretty busy and people show up early to get squad fed together. It’s probably going to take an hour to get everyone commited/squadded up. Since we have travelers prob 10am meetup for 11 shoot time should be doable all around? Hopefully they get the kitchen opened up. The lady who does the food is great and brings in home made deserts..... 10-11 at the latest I would think should get it done.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’m usually in the first squad or two and done by 10:30ish. Sometimes I shoot a second round. That’s on a regular weekend. 3 bird weekends are usually pretty busy and people show up early to get squad fed together. It’s probably going to take an hour to get everyone commited/squadded up. Since we have travelers prob 10am meetup for 11 shoot time should be doable all around? Hopefully they get the kitchen opened up. The lady who does the food is great and brings in home made deserts..... 10-11 at the latest I would think should get it done.

So we should get there at 10.

For 3 Bird, what gun should I bring? I own nothing with choke tubes.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    So we should get there at 10.

For 3 Bird, what gun should I bring? I own nothing with choke tubes.

It’s generally a close quarters setup. I shoot a skeet-ic some of the time. If you have an older fixed choke gun that’s better than cylinder. It’s better to have too much choke than too little IMO

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Anyone else?

Meet there at 10AM?

Teratos and I will be arriving and shooting together.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It’s generally a close quarters setup. I shoot a skeet-ic some of the time. If you have an older fixed choke gun that’s better than cylinder. It’s better to have too much choke than too little IMO

Great. Thanks. I’ll probably bring the Winchester 21 in skeet/skeet.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Do most people shoot it as a team (double barrel) or shoot three birds each? We shot it with semi's and we mixed it up a bit. Not sure how picky you guys are about keeping score but its fun if you have at least one semi in your squad to try the three birds by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom