• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just got an email from the above address. Pretty generic.

"FFL Alert - FFL Notification for FFLs in State of Maryland

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Possible civil unrest in our area may result in looting of businesses. The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and your required records. Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are a victim of an attempted burglary of your business."

Has anybody else got one?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ditto rcvd 8:07PM

Only civil unrest around me is at the county buildings when Calvin Ball is organizing anything. Or shall I say disorganizing anything.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Got a vm at the office. Needed to read the message above because the vm started with “ records”. Interesting times we live in.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I got a robo call from them last night. I had just finished shooting about an hour before and was sitting around the fire-pit with the family while enjoying a pipe full of really good tobacco and a snifter of peach brandy.... thought it was odd to get a call from ATF when I had just enjoyed Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms that afternoon :)

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Yeah, that call was kinda creepy. Gotta wonder what triggered this since I never got a peep from them during the riots in 2015. Not that I'm terribly worried in casa del mawkie when it comes to Antifa and such rabble. Doubt those fools have ever seen a Galil ARM before. Best they get on the Open Society bus and go back to where ever they came from.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I got a robo call from them last night. I had just finished shooting about an hour before and was sitting around the fire-pit with the family while enjoying a pipe full of really good tobacco and a snifter of peach brandy.... thought it was odd to get a call from ATF when I had just enjoyed Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms that afternoon :)

Are we to infer that, at times, you enjoy a pipe full of not good tobacco?

I'm glad ATF has no truck with me, otherwise - oh, there's a knock at the door, brb

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I got the email yesterday and it struck me as odd because I live in WV... not exactly a hotbed for civil unrest since I don't live anywhere close to a large metro area. I figured it had to do with my C&R license, but still kinda weird.

gem357

MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2013
    SoHoCo
    I got the robocall and email on Saturday, and then on Monday a more specific message about an attempted burglary in PG County:

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Prince George's County, MD has experienced an attempted burglary of firearms. Please ensure the security of both your inventory and property and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-930-9275 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen.

I too have a C&R.

SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    It seems to stress "looting of businesses." It doesn't mention looting or burglary of private residences.

With the widespread looting of businesses in most large urban cities. They probably just pushed out something quick to anyone who has an FFL, dealer and collectors alike.

It is kinda funny you see constant posts on Facebook "if a civil war were to erupt what milsurp would you prefer?"

Who would've thought the possibility of those polls being actually give case studies?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    They're basically sending it out to ALL FFLs at this time given that protests and riots are as wide spread as they are.

In regards to WV, there was some minor asshattery going on in St. Albans that resulted in someone's "truck guns" getting stolen by some teens. So while WV certainly isn't a hotbed of rioting, there have still been issues of gun theft from the civil unrest.

I've had three calls and 2 emails total from them. Today has been quiet. The PG attempted burglary one was the last I heard yesterday morning.

We used to be that oddball group that the BATFE just let be, but I've seen more and more guys get requests for audits in recent years. Seems they've realized they've been slacking with us and are bringing us more in line with other FFLs. This robo-call alert system may just be one part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom