• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone have any experience with this or the old one? It was described as the Honda Civic of suppressors. Will be using it with the Griffin Universal Piston. Just placed the order today, cant wait!

Attachments

• B5B80417-DB53-4242-82D2-DD8548F9A93B.jpg
      B5B80417-DB53-4242-82D2-DD8548F9A93B.jpg
      30.5 KB · Views: 321

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's just an Octane 9 with a slightly fancier tube. Nothing wrong with that, the Octane 9 is a solid can. I've got one (and a 45K).

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    It's just an Octane 9 with a slightly fancier tube. Nothing wrong with that, the Octane 9 is a solid can. I've got one (and a 45K).

Honestly wasnt sure what made it a 2.0 lol.

Do you notice a difference between the 9 and 45 on the same gun?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Anyone have any experience with this or the old one? It was described as the Honda Civic of suppressors. Will be using it with the Griffin Universal Piston. Just placed the order today, cant wait!
    Honda civic because it's widespread, affordable and efficient? Or Honda civic with a loud fart can exhaust system that's obnoxious?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Honda civic because it's widespread, affordable and efficient? Or Honda civic with a loud fart can exhaust system that's obnoxious?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Widespread, affordable and efficient. I hope its not loud lol

It is 100% a cosmetic update.

Haven't even shot the 45K yet. Pistol cans aren't really a priority for me, and most of my shooting can't be done suppressed (competition).

I plan to use it in competition. I will make a holster work.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They are not legal outside of open, and good luck with a shot timer picking it up. There's a reason you don't see them in matches.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    They are not legal outside of open, and good luck with a shot timer picking it up. There's a reason you don't see them in matches.

Where we run they are. The shot timer though, yeah thats true. It doesnt always pick up my 556k.

Ill try it, see what happens. Maybe not this month, Ill miss multigun, but next month. Unless I run a stee match.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Where we run they are. The shot timer though, yeah thats true. It doesnt always pick up my 556k.

Ill try it, see what happens. Maybe not this month, Ill miss multigun, but next month. Unless I run a stee match.
    No, they're definitely not legal in either multi-gun (mid-Atlantic ruleset) or SC pistols outside of open. The fact that the ROs don't call people out on this isn't the same as them being legal. I think they're OK on PCCs, though.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    No, they're definitely not legal in either multi-gun (mid-Atlantic ruleset) or SC pistols outside of open. The fact that the ROs don't call people out on this isn't the same as them being legal. I think they're OK on PCCs, though.

This is just local stuff. Nothing ranked. Local range runs matches. People come from all over for them but theres no prize, at least in the matches I run.
    Ive been running a can on my rifle the last month. Lots of people run suppressors. Not really on pistols because its probably cumbersome. Its just for fun though so I dont mind it slowing me down.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is just local stuff. Nothing ranked. Local range runs matches. People come from all over for them but theres no prize, at least in the matches I run.
    Ive been running a can on my rifle the last month. Lots of people run suppressors. Not really on pistols because its probably cumbersome. Its just for fun though so I dont mind it slowing me down.
    It's still a competition, ranked or not, and there are still rules. Put yourself in open if you want to compete in open. That's all.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have the older version of the Octane 9, and an older generation Gemtech Multimount. The Octane is a well built suppressor, I think it is superior to my Multimount in construction and sound suppression. I like the Multimount, but the Octane is just better

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    It's still a competition, ranked or not, and there are still rules. Put yourself in open if you want to compete in open. That's all.

The only difference vs tac 2 and open 2 here is pistol optics and compensators. Dont think a suppressor matters but Id run either.

Carbine limited vs open is just red dot vs magnified. Either way id switch classes if needed.

Both ranges I run at seem to be the same. Usually the same people at each though.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I have the older version of the Octane 9, and an older generation Gemtech Multimount. The Octane is a well built suppressor, I think it is superior to my Multimount in construction and sound suppression.

I am very glad to hear that. I was thinking about going with a yhm sidewinder but they werent in stock last I checked.

Octane was in stock, then what really sold it was being able to use the griffin universal piston setup. With the optimus on the way seemed an excellent fit bc that has the universal piston too.

Would be nice if yhm would join in on that for the R9, hoping that gets here this month too. Really excited for that one.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Just registered for carbine next weekend. It doesnt mention anything about suppressors. I think the rules here are slightly different, less strict, than normal.

Attachments

• 2F1A2899-F143-4D62-91E0-735C1DE249AF.jpg
      2F1A2899-F143-4D62-91E0-735C1DE249AF.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 169

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Just registered for carbine next weekend. It doesnt mention anything about suppressors. I think the rules here are slightly different, less strict, than normal.
    I occasionally shoot club matches in the MD/Va/WV, and that lines up with what I’ve experienced. Some places like Peacemaker (last I checked) require you to be in open if you have a suppressor, whereas some places like Thurmont don’t even list suppressors as a thing they care about (depending on match type).

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I occasionally shoot club matches in the MD/Va/WV, and that lines up with what I’ve experienced. Some places like Peacemaker (last I checked) require you to be in open if you have a suppressor, whereas some places like Thurmont don’t even list suppressors as a thing they care about (depending on match type).

I cant think lf any that Ive seen list it. I dont shoot many pistol matches, at least not lately, maybe they have something in those? I missed the one today. Didnt really want to shoot bc the cans not here lol.

I believe the optimus shipped this past week and is due in Wednesday so that will hopefully be out for the following weekends carbine. Wife will run it. The octane was submitted friday so hoping it gets back this week. Would be nice to logon ss and see it came back tomorrow lol.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Its finally here! Running the Griffin CAM/universal piston mount. Pretty slick. Easy to take on and off. Played with it on the 19x already, 34 next. I definitely think the NFA bug has bit me.

Attachments

• 91F6BA84-63E4-464A-B671-0D1450A550B3.jpg
      91F6BA84-63E4-464A-B671-0D1450A550B3.jpg
      84.8 KB · Views: 116

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Its finally here! Running the Griffin CAM/universal piston mount. Pretty slick. Easy to take on and off. Played with it on the 19x already, 34 next. I definitely think the NFA bug has bit me.

Welcome to the club. I got a metal mill & lathe so I can do form 1 suppressors for $300 a pop (including tax stamp). LOL. Gonna take a while to recoup that.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Welcome to the club. I got a metal mill & lathe so I can do form 1 suppressors for $300 a pop (including tax stamp). LOL. Gonna take a while to recoup that.

I am dreading the tax stamps. 2 cans sitting here(556k and octane), 1 on the way(optimus), R9 on order I think here this month, turbo and turbo k on order. 1200 alone there. These are going to add up quick.

I feel like Im forgetting something. Probably going to be a recce5 in the near future or m4sdk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom