• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Too late to talk you out of it I see. One of my friends that has one says it's kind of a boring gun. Even after a trigger upgrade, it's a boring Glock. Boring isn't all bad of course, but there are more fun to shoot and better looking guns out there. To each their own.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you buy the G43X I will shoot this puppy:

maltipoo-puppy.jpg

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Too late to talk you out of it I see. One of my friends that has one says it's kind of a boring gun. Even after a trigger upgrade, it's a boring Glock. Boring isn't all bad of course, but there are more fun to shoot and better looking guns out there. To each their own.

Boring could be ok as long as that means it fires with every trigger pull. It will be more than a range gun for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

That's how I feel about it. Probably a great pistol for its intended purpose but, it's still a Glock. -yawn- :indiffere

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Carry pistols aren't supposed to be "exciting".
    That's what your $2k safe queens are for. Carry guns are utilitarian.
    Self defense pistols don't need a trigger upgrade for the type of shooting that's going to happen.
    Who cares if it's not "good looking". It's going to live down inside a pair of pants. But a black slide version is available if someone doesn't like the 2 tone.
    It's a slim single stack that conceals better and more comfortable than any double stack, and it has a larger grip for a better grip without any stupid magazine baseplate pinky add ons.
    I don't care what anyone says, but a larger grip allows for a better purchase when you grab to draw the thing.
    With the Shield Arms 15 round metal mags, it's a carry game changer.
    The 1k or so rounds I have through mine, it's always gone off.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    That's argument enough. It is a great carry gun that shoots well.

No question about it! Blaster's endorsement is good enough for me but, the only thing out-selling the G43X (for now) is the Sig P365 and I don't care for either one of them. Both are fine for their intended purposes, though.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I finally got the 43x this week and will be taking it to AGC this am for its first time. Before it gets a spot in the IWB and bumps out my 43 for my every day carry I want to make sure this one functions. I also like to add the trijicon Hd night sights , talon grips and the Ghost connector. (Already ordered ) The pic below shows my progression of concealed carry Glocks.

From the top :
    Glock 19 is now my bedside gun. It worked but felt like I was always printing and as “compact” as it is it was still heavy and bulky for me. Easier in the winter to conceal.

Glock 26 was bought and carried before the 43 came out. Used to think it was slick and was better than the 19 ....until the 43 came out and then I’d never wear the 26. Might even sell the 26 ...but I typically just keep my guns.

Then the 43 came out. Traded a M&P9c for it and was very happy I did. This quickly became my EDC. I got the Pearce mag extensions to add a few rounds but always carried a backup mag.

I overpaid for the 43x but honestly don’t care. After shooting a friends 43x I decided to bite the bullet. I’m looking for the Shield Arms magazines and will make the mag catch upgrade as well. But for now I’m happy with having the extra rounds and a better grip. The 43 I’ll keep.

6bf5dc43d9cb84a79b7c2dc66cffd233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I finally got the 43x this week and will be taking it to AGC this am for its first time. Before it gets a spot in the IWB and bumps out my 43 for my every day carry I want to make sure this one functions. I also like to add the trijicon Hd night sights , talon grips and the Ghost connector. (Already ordered ) The pic below shows my progression of concealed carry Glocks.

From the top :
    Glock 19 is now my bedside gun. It worked but felt like I was always printing and as “compact” as it is it was still heavy and bulky for me. Easier in the winter to conceal.

Glock 26 was bought and carried before the 43 came out. Used to think it was slick and was better than the 19 ....until the 43 came out and then I’d never wear the 26. Might even sell the 26 ...but I typically just keep my guns.

Then the 43 came out. Traded a M&P9c for it and was very happy I did. This quickly became my EDC. I got the Pearce mag extensions to add a few rounds but always carried a backup mag.

I overpaid for the 43x but honestly don’t care. After shooting a friends 43x I decided to bite the bullet. I’m looking for the Shield Arms magazines and will make the mag catch upgrade as well. But for now I’m happy with having the extra rounds and a better grip. The 43 I’ll keep.

6bf5dc43d9cb84a79b7c2dc66cffd233.jpg

PSA;
    Always check the AGC website ! There’s a match today and got turned away! I’ll try later this afternoon.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I rented both a 43x and a 365xl last Friday. There was a 43x in the case and I told the salesman that I might be back in an hour to buy it if I liked it.

Both grouped really nicely. Only shot out to 7 yards.

The 43x grip fit my hand well. Overall it's nice and slim, very lightweight.

The 365 is heftier. It felt more "substantial". The grip felt a little off, very narrow. I like the metal mag but for some reason I didn't like how flush it seated into the magwell.

After range time, I decided to go with the bird in hand. Excited about getting the paperwork rolling on my new acquisition.

Walked up to the gun case and it was Gone. My luck.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    I rented both a 43x and a 365xl last Friday. There was a 43x in the case and I told the salesman that I might be back in an hour to buy it if I liked it.

Both grouped really nicely. Only shot out to 7 yards.

The 43x grip fit my hand well. Overall it's nice and slim, very lightweight.

The 365 is heftier. It felt more "substantial". The grip felt a little off, very narrow. I like the metal mag but for some reason I didn't like how flush it seated into the magwell.

After range time, I decided to go with the bird in hand. Excited about getting the paperwork rolling on my new acquisition.

Walked up to the gun case and it was Gone. My luck.
    Damn!! That fast?!
    Hopefully another comes in in a reasonable time. The shop thats roughly a mile from the house (on my towns main street) has a huge selection. Although COVID buying hit them like many others, they have been able to maintain a proper inventory. I lucked out on an all black they had recently gotten and got the ball rolling on that, pronto

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Carry pistols aren't supposed to be "exciting".
    That's what your $2k safe queens are for. Carry guns are utilitarian.
    Self defense pistols don't need a trigger upgrade for the type of shooting that's going to happen.
    Who cares if it's not "good looking". It's going to live down inside a pair of pants. But a black slide version is available if someone doesn't like the 2 tone.
    It's a slim single stack that conceals better and more comfortable than any double stack, and it has a larger grip for a better grip without any stupid magazine baseplate pinky add ons.
    I don't care what anyone says, but a larger grip allows for a better purchase when you grab to draw the thing.
    With the Shield Arms 15 round metal mags, it's a carry game changer.
    The 1k or so rounds I have through mine, it's always gone off.

This. I have a shadow 2 with CGW trigger, it is an exciting gun.

The 43x is boringly reliable, plenty accurate, and as small as you can get to reliably get a grip to draw from iwb. It is shaped different but the grip is no longer than my 43 with a plus 1 on it. It is about the perfect carry gun.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    This. I have a shadow 2 with CGW trigger, it is an exciting gun.

The 43x is boringly reliable, plenty accurate, and as small as you can get to reliably get a grip to draw from iwb. It is shaped different but the grip is no longer than my 43 with a plus 1 on it. It is about the perfect carry gun.

That’s the whole reason for the purchase! I toss a Smith 642-1 in my pocket with a DeSantis most days to have something and not wear “proper” concealment clothing. Otherwise full dress conceal is a standard 19. 43X coupled with Shield Arms S15’s (when I can source them) will be a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msrw

Apr 3, 2019
    MD
    Hard to talk you out of it....

Just moved to MD after living and carrying in New Mexico and Puerto Rico.

I switched to the 43X from carrying HK P7s in various versions, which for me had always been the fastest/safest/most accurate/most reliable carry gun.

I’m able to shoot the 43x every bit as quickly and as accurately out to about 10 meters. It appears to be as reliable as the P7s, love the low bore axis on Glocks (again, comparable to the P7 in that sense) and with the Shield Arms mags and catch it’s a slim small gun that holds 16 rounds.

Plus it costs about 8-10 times less than a mint P7.

I also find it easier to shoot than the 43 or 26.

All in all, there isn’t any good reason not to own one.

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    Ugh.. I can't talk the OP out of buying one. I have resisted buying another Glock for years. I briefly owned a Glock 19 about 5 years ago and sold it. I own several other similar carry pieces that I just like better.
    Then it happened.. I caved.. I couldn't resist 15 rounds in a package that slim and easy to carry.
    Damn you Glock, you finally got me!

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I have a 43x. I wont talk you out of it.
    Actually I like it better than my 19.
    oh, I bought mine in VA cash carry out the door 15 minutes. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom