• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    I personally prefer the P365 but that being said, I would never have doubts about the reliability of the Glock.
    (Sig guy that just bought a Glock model 45)

arts

Nov 14, 2014
    YouTube it. You can get numerous demonstrations and more opinions than you can handle.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Just bought mine a couple days ago. I already have a 43 and 48 so I pretty much know exactly what I'm in for lol.

I could have gotten away with the 48 for carry but I'll enjoy the weight savings. That, and my 48 is two-tone because I'm dumb. I had so many other Glocks in black so I wanted to switch it up. But then I realized I always always wear a black undershirt and while I am carrying, in the off chance that my overshirt accidentally comes up over my gun for a second, I wanted a black gun to blend in with a black shirt rather than a silver slide.

Made the same mistake with my 43. Got like an olive drab from the factory. And one of my G19s is grey lol. Lesson learned. I enjoy the colors, but for carry, black it is.

Already got the Vedder lighttuck and ameriglo Spartan operator sights en route :thumbsup:

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Just bought mine a couple days ago. I already have a 43 and 48 so I pretty much know exactly what I'm in for lol.

I could have gotten away with the 48 for carry but I'll enjoy the weight savings. That, and my 48 is two-tone because I'm dumb. I had so many other Glocks in black so I wanted to switch it up. But then I realized I always always wear a black undershirt and while I am carrying, in the off chance that my overshirt accidentally comes up over my gun for a second, I wanted a black gun to blend in with a black shirt rather than a silver slide.

Made the same mistake with my 43. Got like an olive drab from the factory. And one of my G19s is grey lol. Lesson learned. I enjoy the colors, but for carry, black it is.

Already got the Vedder lighttuck and ameriglo Spartan operator sights en route :thumbsup:

Very nice! I take possession of the 43X today. I have some parts at the house ready to rock.

Triji HD’s
    Agency Arms midline barrel
    Suarez Face Shooter trigger with NP3
    Ghost 3.5 connector

Mine is a black one so that was a good thing. I really wasn’t interested in the two tone. Should be pretty hip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I saw that, luckily for me I do not intend on RDS'ing it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I said the same thing for years until I saw the results at the range. No more winking and aligning irons or plastics (Glock lol). I think in <5yr’s red dots on pistols will be the next wave.
    Already see it happening overnight with so many aftermarket slides, new Glock MOS models, Hellcat, and Sig whispered it will also be offering a 365 model soon. Holosun making a great product now for half the price of trijicon is really advancing that sooner than later (Hence trijicons bitter lawsuit at Holosun recently)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I said the same thing for years until I saw the results at the range. No more winking aligning irons. I think in <5yr’s red dots on pistols will be the next wave.
    Already see it happening overnight with so many aftermarket slides, new Glock MOS models, Hellcat, and Sig whispered it will also be offering a 365 model soon. Holosun making a great product now for half the price of trijicon is really advancing that sooner than later (Hence trijicons bitter lawsuit at Holosun recently)

Red dots.. Meh. Point shooting for the win.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Red dots.. Meh. Point shooting for the win.

While I partially agree in regards to these tiny little sub compacts that many are gravitating to. I would wager that many can’t shoot them very accurately beyond 3yrds, tiny grip, snappy recoil (awful follow up’s, over reaching trigger finger causing accuracy issues, crap factory sights on a lot of them that will never get swapped out. But hey it’s tiny and holds 10-12 rounds lol

However for those that carry compact and standard sized handguns or use as range toys, target practice, comp shooting. Red dots will be a no brainer to make sure more rounds go where intended either for liability reasons or just to be more accurate on paper..
    Even shooters who realize eye sight is not quite what it used to be will have more confidence, or in the unfortunate event someone has to take a shot with confidence beyond 3-5yds particularly LEO’s

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    While I partially agree in regards to these tiny little sub compacts that many are gravitating to. I would wager that many can’t shoot them very accurately beyond 3yrds, tiny grip, snappy recoil (awful follow up’s, over reaching trigger finger causing jerk, crap factory sights on a lot of them that will never get swapped out. But hey it’s tiny and holds 10-12 rounds lol

However for those that carry compact and standard sized handguns or use as range toys, target practice, comp shooting. Red dots will be a no brainer to make sure more rounds go where intended either for liability reasons or just to be more accurate on paper..

Even shooters who realize eye sight is not quite what it used to be will have more confidence, or in the unfortunate event someone has to take a shot with confidence beyond 3-5yds particularly LEO’s
    What does a red dot, (or any sight for that matter) do that your support hand thumb pointing forward (along the barrel)during the grip, doesn't do?
    Sights are overrated in a self defense shooting. Grip is key.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Red dots take plenty of getting used to, even in a competition world. For any defensive shooting you have to not only train to pick up the dot but do it in funky, off balance position. Open sights work fine, from there you have to train until you know what you have to see to make effective hits, from point shooting to hard sight focus you should be able to do it well.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I've still never shot a gun with a red dot but I can't see how will be that much of an advantage at self-defense distances. I mean maybe it will be, but I don't imagine I'm going to take much time to get a proper sight picture under that sort of stress. But who knows. I've never been there and done that.

Plus I just hate relying on electronics. That's why my safes are Simplex rather than fingerprint. Etc.

Maybe I'm just behind the times.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I've still never shot a gun with a red dot but I can't see how will be that much of an advantage at self-defense distances. I mean maybe it will be, but I don't imagine I'm going to take much time to get a proper sight picture under that sort of stress. But who knows. I've never been there and done that.

Plus I just hate relying on electronics. That's why my safes are Simplex rather than fingerprint. Etc.

Maybe I'm just behind the times.

Given the amount of time I see people at competitions fiddling with their red dots after being told to "load and make ready?" Ain't no way :sad20:

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    To whom that poo-poo’ed 3” barrels...

No BS came home from work and was hopping and popping around the house. I went to the farthest stretch I have and started a new session. I wanted a shot out of each far doorway.

3ee8aa26bb8549a3462693d0d77d8f23.jpg

Leaning out of the guest bath shooting to far wall

ffd2bcb19eb8395ddebe48ac57576e41.jpg

Then leaning out of guest room to far wall.

619e15844f4a221f4ab4915661a7e057.jpg

Say what you want without video proof but I have no reason to lie.

Fudge your red dots. These were not rushed shots but I didn’t sit there forever lining up the perfect picture either.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    To whom that poo-poo’ed 3” barrels...

No BS came home from work and was hopping and popping around the house. I went to the farthest stretch I have and started a new session. I wanted a shot out of each far doorway.

3ee8aa26bb8549a3462693d0d77d8f23.jpg

Leaning out of the guest bath shooting to far wall

ffd2bcb19eb8395ddebe48ac57576e41.jpg

Then leaning out of guest room to far wall.

619e15844f4a221f4ab4915661a7e057.jpg

Say what you want without video proof but I have no reason to lie.

Fudge your red dots. These were not rushed shots but I didn’t sit there forever lining up the perfect picture either.

Why do you even need a gun when you have that ferocious 4 legged killing machine in the house?

Nice groups, cute pup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom