• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Other than it goes bang every time, rifling is sharp, all numbers match. I can't find any import data on it but I have had it in the closet for decades, not worth taking up room in the safes. The stock has been varnished, I'm guessing that's the only thing that's been bastardized on it. Shot 20 rounds through it today, certainly accurate enough for hunting. (I like the long sight radius) Cleaned extra good with surplus WW2 cleaning solvent then Hoppes afterwards.

Not a fan of these or the 303, both ugly ducklings IMO but oh well. Willing to trade if someone else lives out in the sticks down this way.

Shame it can't talk, love to know where it's been.

Attachments

• IMG_3914.JPG
      IMG_3914.JPG
      42.8 KB · Views: 255
    • IMG_3915.JPG
      IMG_3915.JPG
      37.5 KB · Views: 253
    • IMG_3916.JPG
      IMG_3916.JPG
      51.7 KB · Views: 256
    • IMG_3921.JPG
      IMG_3921.JPG
      31.6 KB · Views: 254
    • IMG_3922.JPG
      IMG_3922.JPG
      38.7 KB · Views: 255
    • IMG_3919.JPG
      IMG_3919.JPG
      35.5 KB · Views: 255
    • IMG_3920.JPG
      IMG_3920.JPG
      34.7 KB · Views: 245
    • IMG_3917.JPG
      IMG_3917.JPG
      32.9 KB · Views: 256

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Based on your pics it's a ROTM Mosin. As far as its history? Well - you know where it's been for several decades... ;)

Hard to see the arsenal mark on the receiver in your pics. I suspect it's an Izhevsk stamp. The finish on the rifle looks to me like the original lacquer - not varnish. And the rifle is missing its cleaning rod.

There are several forum members who will chime in. These rifles were once available for < $100. Not anymore. Not that I need another Mosin, but if you were closer I'd be interested.

:innocent0

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Based on your pics it's a ROTM Mosin. As far as its history? Well - you know where it's been for several decades... ;)

Hard to see the arsenal mark on the receiver in your pics. I suspect it's an Izhevsk stamp. The finish on the rifle looks to me like the original lacquer - not varnish. And the rifle is missing its cleaning rod.

There are several forum members who will chime in. These rifles were once available for < $100. Not anymore. Not that I need another Mosin, but if you were closer I'd be interested.

:innocent0

It is an Izhevsk stamp, the rifle is in fact VG condition, bluing is exceptional. I suspect it was either dropped once and stored in an arsenal or tucked away in a somewhat controlled environment somewhere. Who knows, it might have had a boring life at a boot camp. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom