• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Only reason I would have been interested is due to lack of finger grooves, but now they fixed that problem with Gen 5.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Just curious, I have a gen2 17, what is the difference?

This is a reproduction of the Gen1 pre 17 and never available in the US. Early Gen1 17s run from about $1k-$6k and a real P80 would probably command $10k-$15k.

The other forum I frequent is the whose who of collectors, I collect C models myself, having probably the most complete collection in the world, and even they are excited to see this come to market.

Glock has never been known for being responsive to the collector community and this is a big step for them. I have a couple of real Gen1. Some I shoot and some are too valuable to shoot. This will be a fun one to add to the collection, maybe I’ll make a C model out of one.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Only reason I would have been interested is due to lack of finger grooves, but now they fixed that problem with Gen 5.

I got a P80 Gen 2 frame for my Gen 3 Glock to get rid of the fingers grooves. So much more comfortable to shoot now and only $125

Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    I guess we will have to wait for the Roster Board on this one or should it be available right away?

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Watched this video prior to seeing this thread and wondered who asked for this but seeing a few comments I guess there is a market or else why would Glock even commit to it. People collect flashlights and tennis shoes so I guess why not a retro plastic gun from the 80’s

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Nothing wrong with retro in demand. Cottage industries all over on that. Being a nonGlock-phile I think if Glock really wanted to do something they would:

1.)straighten out the grip and grip angle and;
    2.)enlarge the trigger guard at least some.

Those are the two peeves keeping me from being more open to Glock acquisitions. Have one, see nothing really different in any of the other models. Then they would add to their line up. Most of the 80% I observe have that addressed in their basic form.

But I acknowledge some like the grip angle so can’t argue with success.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I dunno about that but I’m waiting for my rotating barrel striker fired Glock.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I have a Gen 1 MDL 19 that’s never been back to the factory for whatever it was they were supposed to go back for that I shoot practical matches with - and carry a Gen 3 or 4 or wtf - should I not be shooting the Gen 1? (I am pretty damn rough on that Gen 1 (putting it mildly ...)

OldNavyVet

Mar 1, 2018
    Charles County
    Unboxed one yesterday...not a Glock fan but pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20200905_161748_resized_1.jpg
      20200905_161748_resized_1.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 182
    • 20200905_161808_resized_1.jpg
      20200905_161808_resized_1.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 180

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members