• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Research has been done and the results are on Youtube. Your ammo is nothing more than high powered firecrackers in a fire.

I am familiar with the SAMI test. Has it been done in a safe. Not in loose boxes.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Other than the snubby taped behind the toilet tank, they're all locked in a safe...

charlie3587

Aug 16, 2020
    DUNDALK
    I say lock it up but, I have kids. They have hand gun lock boxes that you can bolt to a night stand or a headboard but, if you don't have kids around your house it's up to you really.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Other than the snubby taped behind the toilet tank, they're all locked in a safe...
    G26 nailed to the wall in the bathroom
    46e881630f0b86735e6912aee1d9c849.jpg

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****I have a friend who owns a plumbing company who says the gun taped behind the tank thing is not that uncommon. He has replaced toilets before where the owner forgot to remove the gun before asking to have his toilet replaced or fixed, etc...

*That* has to be a somewhat awkward conversation. Perhaps not as awkward as fixing the drain line on a dishwasher that was full of enormous and varied sex toys the owner (I hope) forgot to remove before calling for service on the appliance...:shocking:

I'm the curious sort so had to ask my friend the pertinent question: "OMG, was she hot!!!!!????.....:drool:". To which, his response was "No!!!!", followed by.. "It was a gay fat dude!!!!" :puke:

(not that there's anything wrong with that, of course....). I apologize in advance to any gay fat dudes on this site who use their dishwasher to clean and sanitize their enormous and varied sex toys. Cleanliness is certainly a valuable virtue to have....

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    *That* has to be a somewhat awkward conversation. Perhaps not as awkward as fixing the drain line on a dishwasher that was full of enormous and varied sex toys the owner (I hope) forgot to remove before calling for service on the appliance...:shocking:

I'm the curious sort so had to ask my friend the pertinent question: "OMG, was she hot!!!!!????.....:drool:". To which, his response was "No!!!!", followed by.. "It was a gay fat dude!!!!" :puke:

(not that there's anything wrong with that, of course....). I apologize in advance to any gay fat dudes on this site who use their dishwasher to clean and sanitize their enormous and varied sex toys. Cleanliness is certainly a valuable virtue to have....

This is outrageous. What has this country come to? Parents should be ashamed of raising their kids this way. What kind of adult human being who identifies as male regardless of orientation can't fix his own dishwasher drain line? :sad20:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Thanks for all the reply's.
    Long guns are in deep, deep, deep hidden storage, except the 2-3 I take out and use in the fall, I need to build a 2-3 gun storage location for the fall season and use trigger locks on them.
    I have toyed with the idea of having a cheap 8 gun sheet metal safe as a "decoy" for thieves, with a few old cheap long guns. or fill it with 2x4s, hoping they just grab the whole safe.

Pistol is the one I have not figured out, needs to be "accessible", but secure AND hidden.
    Have to see if there is a "biometric" pistol safe that is "hidden"

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Everything I have is in a safe. I have kids, and I also don't want to make it easy on burglars.

I'm good with training your kids to be safe around firearms; I'm coaching a kids scholastic action shooting team now. But children don't have fully developed brains, and they make dumb choices even if they should know better. Leaving kids with access to unsecured firearms, even hidden, is just not a good idea in my opinion. If you feel differently, that's your right and it's cool, but it's not going to change how I feel about it.

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    Ditto.

Like most people, I own power tools. Sawzall, angle grinder, etc... burglers could come empty handed and given time they would find any safe and any tools required to wreck them, no matter how much you spent on the safe. *

Small handgun safes for accessibility, large ones for fire safety, all of them to keep little fingers away. Like Teratos said... I don't want to have hidden stuff I have to remember when grandkids stay over.

Anything bigger than a .177 airgun is locked up.

* On a related note, other than buying for more reliable locks or increased fire resistance, expensive safes are money flushed down the toilet. Is it really cost effective to spend $900 more so the guy needs 5 minutes to cut through with a angle grinder instead of 2? Worried about burglers? Buy a mid priced safe and spend the money on a motion camera in the room where the safe is that alerts your phone (and sends pics, so you know it isn't the cat). Then he has minutes instead of hours before police arrive to investigate.
    This actually happened to me. The thief knew I was not home and would not be back that night. He used my own tools to pry my safe open..... bent/broke some of them in the process. Took all my guns (except one well stashed in the house) and knives.....never got any of them back. It took (if you can believe this) 10 years for MSP to catch the culprit—checking finger prints and called to ask me if I knew this person and if he would have had any reason to be at my house. I knew immediately that he was the guilty party… I would never have suspected him that he even knew where I lived....but we all knew he already was an accomplished thief and had a rap sheet from here to China.

With no kids (that I know of) I'm really interested in hidden panel type secure storage. I'm also looking for a cleaning kit and want all of that kept together in one place.
    Since I have decent wood and metalworking skill I may just make one for myself but it's definitely time to start looking for options of ready-made or plans.
    I don't have any ammo now, so right now it's just a fancy stick with a lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom