• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I'm pointing out that huge and irregular gap between the action and stock.

Not the engravers signature.

It doesn't have anything to do with NFA, mac 10s or pillows and potatoes, maverick 88's or Dicks sporting goods.

It has to do with the gap in the metal to wood fit on more than one adjacent surface with the stocking near an area subject to the pivotal forces of recoil on an expensive shotgun.

I still don’t think it’s a gap. I don’t think the picture quality and lighting are good enough to discern definitively that it’s an issue. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Every Perazzi I’ve seen in person and shot were impeccable. The dealer that is selling the gun also has a great reputation. In the 35+ years of shooting shotgun I’ve never heard of a Perazzi stock splitting or anyone bad mouthing their quality. Price yes. Their feel or balance wasn’t to their liking: yes.
    I have no skin in the game. If anything I should be bad mouthing them since I’m a Beretta guy. Perazzi and Beretta are the two biggest players in the international competition disciplines. They also have large followings in American shotgun disciplines too. That wouldn’t be the case if they were splitting stocks.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Signal 7. I didn't know we were disagreeing to a large extent. I have no skin in the game either.

Maybe why that's why the dealer has that particular shot featured in his pictorial? So a potential buyer can see straight up with what they are considering. Who knows? Maybe I can call him and get better photos.

I think its also important that the dealer didn't build the gun, but what an experienced one would do in my opinion and what makes sense to me.

As far as the quality of the work, its blatantly obvious in the picture and speaks for itself and we can disagree on that.

On a side note,

An agent for a competitor to the gun-maker we are discussing comes to my buddies farm to test guns. He'll have 10 or more guns like that in his truck at the same time. Sometimes more.

Some of his friends that tag along only speak Italian. It's not like anyone ever seen a nice shotgun on the Eastern Shore along a flyway.

They come there all the time to resolve customer repair issues or complaints, to torture test proprietary guns for new production methods model changes-smithing etc.

Next time I see them there Ill tell them I want to shoot some of them or take one goose hunting this year.

Ill get a picture in good light of the gap on his face when I ask him.

Cheers.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    The smell of a freshly evacuated shotgun barrel is tantalizing. To this very day.

That smell NEVER gets old.

Couldn’t agree more. Got out to a charity event at First Mine Run yesterday. It’s been a while so I was rusty, but felt good getting back out there. Love it every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom