• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    A trigger job is more involved on an XD than a Glock or an M&P.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    I bought a XD-4" in 9mm in 2013, liked the pistol a lot but after 2 years and shooting a friends XD-4" with the Powder River Extreme Trigger Kit on it I wanted one too. IF you can read and follow instructions, use You Tube and take your time you can do it. It's not pop two pins take out old AR trigger, put in new trigger and pop the pins back in. As I remember I had to file and trim the new trigger, getting some of the new springs in place were a @&%$@@ ( dental tools are your friend ) and I would look at the video first, then look at the part then try an install. TAKE YOUR TIME! As an Xmas gift I'm looking at a Spring kit for my XDs .45 and a few of those springs are nasty too.
    As it is I really like the pistol with the PW trigger kit and while you have the pistol on the bench why not replace the striker retaining pin as well.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    I don't understand the dislike of the grip safety. Why do you dislike the grip safety? I don't even notice it.

Every so often when I'm shooting I will not quite have it depressed enough and it will prevent trigger pull. I know people will say I need to work on my grip then, but in a high stress situation, I'd rather just have a gun that goes bang every time. It's really my only complaint about it. It will never be a carry gun for me. I have a Springfield 1911 and I don't notice the back strap on that. It's just the XD that bothers me.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I don't understand the dislike of the grip safety. Why do you dislike the grip safety? I don't even notice it.

Every so often when I'm shooting I will not quite have it depressed enough and it will prevent trigger pull. I know people will say I need to work on my grip then, but in a high stress situation, I'd rather just have a gun that goes bang every time. It's really my only complaint about it. It will never be a carry gun for me. I have a Springfield 1911 and I don't notice the back strap on that. It's just the XD that bothers me.

Powder River Precision also sells an Extended Grip Safety Kit that helps with this problem. I have it on all of my Springers.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Have an XD-45 and an XD-9, and prefer them over many others.

I've never had an issue with the grip safety, and don't know how anyone ever could, if they are actually using a firm grip on the gun.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I bought a XD-4" in 9mm in 2013, liked the pistol a lot but after 2 years and shooting a friends XD-4" with the Powder River Extreme Trigger Kit on it I wanted one too. IF you can read and follow instructions, use You Tube and take your time you can do it. It's not pop two pins take out old AR trigger, put in new trigger and pop the pins back in. As I remember I had to file and trim the new trigger, getting some of the new springs in place were a @&%$@@ ( dental tools are your friend ) and I would look at the video first, then look at the part then try an install. TAKE YOUR TIME! As an Xmas gift I'm looking at a Spring kit for my XDs .45 and a few of those springs are nasty too.
    As it is I really like the pistol with the PW trigger kit and while you have the pistol on the bench why not replace the striker retaining pin as well.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

I guess whenever I spend the money, I will give it a try. I am sure I have something in my toolbox that can get the job done

Yeah that makes sense. I would get rid of the gun. I couldn't imagine having something that I wasn't sure would go bang all the time. That is the reason I don't own a PPQ

...and there it is.

You knew it was coming. I am rough with my guns so I grip pistols with this stout grip, I think it makes me shoot better.

You should dry fire practice, I believe that helps. When I am home alone I will sometimes do that on the couch if I am lazy'ing around.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I love my XD45 Tactical. Been looking for a threaded barrel for awhile now, they seem to have dried up

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    CanDoEz, that is my issue also. I have a few XDs and love my 45tactical. 13+1 in 45 is nice and the thing is accurate.

Yes, she's a smooth, accurate thumper. I'm kicking myself for not ordering a Storm barrel years ago. I love my 1911's but they get jealous :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom