• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Looking at their website Carey's is actually a company I wanted to look at our existing system. So please let me know when they are in town.
    I will send you my contact info in a PM if that is ok with you.

Thanks,
    Tony

Hi Tony, please email me your contact info at flatbrokefarm2000@yahoo.com
    I am glad to let you know when they are here.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now you've got us trying to figure which Agency got a new building in 1973 , and is still in the same building .

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    They have been posting construction pictures on their facebook pages. With this no let up crappy weather it is amazing that progress is this far along.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    We will post again soon. Lots going on....hard to keep up! lol

We are still hoping for (praying too) for a May opening !

Our Facebook page is the best for pictures right now.

Steve

Malachi.2.15

Jan 27, 2011
    We will post again soon. Lots going on....hard to keep up! lol

We are still hoping for (praying too) for a May opening !

Our Facebook page is the best for pictures right now.

Steve

Would you please post a link to your facebook page? Thanks!

Malachi.2.15

Jan 27, 2011
    They are open for member now and the general public on Wednesday! The new range is awesome!!!

Hours: Wed-Sun 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS - YOU DIIIIIIIIIIIIID IT - YOU DID THE IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!!!

So happy not only for you but, ESPECIALLY for the good citizens who are your customers and beneficiaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! :party29: :party29: :party29: :party29:

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Spent some time there yesterday. So nice to be in indoor comfort, push the button and the targets zoom to your desired shooting distance. Shoot, and push the button and here comes the target back to you. Really a great shooting experience. Very happy we bought the family membership.

JMD2004

Aug 9, 2017
    Lexington Park
    Facility is very nice, and so are the people..but the rule of one gun only out at a time on the bench is a difficult one for me. To say nothing about the fire hazzard it creates...take a firearm (expecially an AR for example..) put several mags though it and the barrel and gas tube are super hot. I'm then supposed to put it in a case to shoot another gun? And have a fire risk? That wastes my time to let it cool. Have an open bolt rule or a open slide rule. Taking guns in an out one at a time just slows down the fun.

Other than that the facility is super nice...i dig the target system a lot..and their prices to shoot are in line with Freds and MSA. And the people are great. Will be very happy this facility is there in the winter.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    Facility is very nice, and so are the people..but the rule of one gun only out at a time on the bench is a difficult one for me. To say nothing about the fire hazzard it creates...take a firearm (expecially an AR for example..) put several mags though it and the barrel and gas tube are super hot. I'm then supposed to put it in a case to shoot another gun? And have a fire risk? That wastes my time to let it cool. Have an open bolt rule or a open slide rule. Taking guns in an out one at a time just slows down the fun.

Other than that the facility is super nice...i dig the target system a lot..and their prices to shoot are in line with Freds and MSA. And the people are great. Will be very happy this facility is there in the winter.

I wish you would have asked for clarification.

We have made it very clear, especially with AR's, if the gun is hot then table it or lay it on your bag and let it cool. No need to bag a smoking hot gun.

Why one gun at a time? Great question! For one, it keeps hazards low. We have been open 3 weeks now and I have personally seen 4 people trying to load 9mm into a 40. One tried loading 40 into a 9 (did not work lol) Multiple guns out lead to mistakes. Plus our Range Officers (myself included) have a lot to watch. Lastly INSURANCE! Need I say more? (you would love my insurance bill!)

So please, next time bring your concerns/complaints to us. I would be more than happy to discuss.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom