• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Funguy39

Nov 16, 2019
    I live in Maryland I want to buy a black powder do I just need my drivers license to buy one I want to buy one from Walmart what do they require

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I doubt Walmart sells real black powder, only substitute. But yes, they may ask for your license and record your purchase as required by the Md Fire Code.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Post in introductions. Mention the general area where you live and that will be helpful.
    Proper place to post this would be the Arsenal-> Black Powder section

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    ID if you're a young one, otherwise just a form of payment. Walmart will probably want to hold your ID while you fondle the rifle.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    50 cal kicks less than a 12 gauge, but good bit more than a 22. Physics remains the same. BP seems more like a push than a sharp shove. A lot has to do with projectile weight, stock design, velocity, etc.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    50 cal kicks less than a 12 gauge, but good bit more than a 22. Physics remains the same. BP seems more like a push than a sharp shove. A lot has to do with projectile weight, stock design, velocity, etc.

Depends on what you shoot it out of.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Not particularly pure black powder, but a magnum load (150gr) of Hodgdon's 777 will make your shoulder dislike you.

(I've backed it down to 90gr after developing a load for my TC Omega).

Funguy39

Nov 16, 2019
    Gun approval

If you get charged 8,900.00 in Delaware for non violent crime can you get a shotgun in Maryland

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you get charged 8,900.00 in Delaware for non violent crime can you get a shotgun in Maryland

Do you mean 2 DE Code § 900 which is:
    2014 Delaware Code
    Title 11 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure
    CHAPTER 5. SPECIFIC OFFENSES
    Subchapter III Offenses Involving Property
    § 900. Issuing a bad check; class A misdemeanor; class G felony

In your first post you say you are a Maryland resident but you appear to have a legal issue in another state.
    You probably need to talk to a lawyer who is familiar with firearms laws because there are a lot of details that matter and can make a difference in whether something is legal or not. However if you are a prohibited person attempting to purchase a firearm is illegal. Getting someone else to purchase a firearm for you is a "Straw Purchase" and is also illegal. Possession of either firearms or ammunition is illegal.

To buy a shotgun in Maryland a Maryland resident who is not a prohibited person would go to a FFL holder fill out federal form 4473. The FFL will preform a FBI NICS background check to see if the buyer is a prohibited person. If everything is correct pay for the purchase and take the shotgun with you.

To buy a shotgun in Maryland a resident of another state will have to buy it from a FFL holder and will have to fill out the federal forms and a FBI background check of the NICS database will be made and the sale must be in accordance with the firearms laws of both Maryland and the state of residence. The same thing in reverse if a Maryland resident went to another state to buy a shotgun.

From the ATF web site:
    Identify Prohibited Persons

The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person:

convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

who is a fugitive from justice;

who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);
    who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;

who is an illegal alien;

who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
    who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;

who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or
    who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

The GCA at 18 U.S.C. § 992(n) also makes it unlawful for any person under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year to ship, transport, or receive firearms or ammunition.

Further, the GCA at 18 U.S.C. § 922(d) makes it unlawful to sell or otherwise dispose of firearms or ammunition to any person who is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing firearms or ammunition.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    As noted above, goex and other real black powder is hard to find. Goex’s site does have a dealer finder on it. Iirc the nearest to Delaware, for obvious reasons, was in PA, iirc. When I check several years back. There aren’t many. A few places do internet but a $30 pound costs like $40ish to ship, HAZMAT $$$. A group buy could average that down.

My boss drove on vacation last summer and happened to ride by one of the dealers. Had him pick up a pound. Which was cool.

Also one local store in a small town said they could order BP, but needed lead time. They implied that hazmat wasn’t a big deal for the cost unlike ordering myself. Maybe other stuff they get already haz it included, so there is no incremental charge. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom