• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I wanted to bring up something that just happened about picking up some items from a member here .

I hit the "Commit to Buy" button and agreed to pay the exact price ask for items and was given all the information to pick up said items .

I had myself and my employee with a F-550 flatbed go and pick-up said items and said person was not there .
    I am pissed and really want to out said member but figured i would post to tell others beware of your time .
    This may be the last classified i will buy from , my time is worth something .:mad54:

I realize i will get flamed for saying so but i think the member should not be allowed to sell on this forum .

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Sounds like should have been a done deal. Don't understand a reason for not showing on their end. Just plan inconsiderate.

OUT THEM.......

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The member gave his fathers first name and a home number but that is all i got . I did not get a cell number or a first name of member . Only have his MDS handle

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I have been on the opposite end of that on other classifieds. Multiple times I have had a person who wanted to come see an item, without even a commitment to buy, and I have set time aside to wait for them and then they don't show up. Its a jerk move to do that to someone. When a time is set up both parties should follow through or give notice if they need to change it.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Did you reach out for an explanation? If so was one received?

If not out them

Yeah I would hate to trash someone if there ended up being a medical emergency or something. But most likely they were just being incredibly rude.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I wanted to bring up something that just happened about picking up some items from a member here .

I hit the "Commit to Buy" button and agreed to pay the exact price ask for items and was given all the information to pick up said items .

I had myself and my employee with a F-550 flatbed go and pick-up said items and said person was not there .
    I am pissed and really want to out said member but figured i would post to tell others beware of your time .
    This may be the last classified i will buy from , my time is worth something .:mad54:

I realize i will get flamed for saying so but i think the member should not be allowed to sell on this forum .

Nobody is being trashed no names have been given. And yes emails and calls have gone unanswered at this point.

I already knew some here would try to twist things about medical issues and deaths in family when I posted.
    The time frame here is important (IMO).

When you say "just happened", was it today?

How long has it been since you were supposed to meet, and your post? And how long since you called/emailed.

Emergencies and deaths do happen, but rudeness and maggotry are often the more likely scenario.

"..... but only on days ending in 'y'."

:sad20:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Plans were made this Weds for pick up on Friday (today 1:30 pm) , I arrived early and waited for as long as I could . Knocked on front windows and on separate garage away from house . They had my cell phone number and I only had a house number and first name .

In reality this is a pimple on my ass and will be forgotten in a few , it is also one of life's lessons . I wanted to vent and maybe rant and then let it go , I will not out the member at this time and would only share that info. with site administrators .

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I understand your frustration.

I always confirm the morning of said meet up. Sometimes the night before.
    I always give them my cell #. I know some people don't like to do that. If they don't give me their cell (its happened) I have asked them to confirm with an MDS PM before they leave or some time before I leave.
    Most my meet ups were at parking lots or Barracks. Couple times to homes though.
    I always tell them the car I'm driving.
    I always read a few of their posts before I send the email to the purchase notification.

There is a feedback system for classifieds you know. since I have always given positive feedback, I don't recall if you can give negative feedback.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I already knew some here would try to twist things about medical issues and deaths in family when I posted.

Twist what? You mean speculate...like you are doing?

At this point all you know is the person wasn't there. Maybe the person had a legitimate reason...or maybe not. So basically you wasted your time and now you are wasting our time with this thread. Commit to it and just out the person instead venting on the interwebz.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If I read correctly the meetup was supposed to be today @ 1:30. This thread was started at 1:41. Not a lot of time if something unexpected really did happen but, at a minimum, a phone call should have gone out to the OP as soon as the other party found they weren't going to make it on time.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes, out the person. It's just an MDS alias anyway, not a real name. If it's as you describe, this person has likely screwed over others and continues to get away with it because he's never been called on it. At least you started a thread on it, but make the thread effective by providing the alias.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If I read correctly the meetup was supposed to be today @ 1:30. This thread was started at 1:41. Not a lot of time if something unexpected really did happen but, at a minimum, a phone call should have gone out to the OP as soon as the other party found they weren't going to make it on time.

Correct :thumbsup: I posted from my phone , I was not waiting anymore then I did leave .

Like I said I vented and now I am chill . :thumbsup:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    11 minutes?

Damn.

Keep in mind I was there 15 minutes early and approx. 15 minutes later 30 minutes .

I could not wait any longer I am home early because I have to get my son off the van from his adult day care .

Not sure how long is long enough . Should I worry more about his time or my time ??

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I did that to a member here. I think his name was Sasquatch, doesn’t post much. I got some exciting news and 100% forgot. I drove to wherever he wanted to meet the next time and threw in some extras. I think he was more annoyed with how many times i apologized lol. Good dude and i still kinda feel bad about that even though it was like 5 years ago.

Still love my pistol bud!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I did that to a member here. I think his name was Sasquatch, doesn’t post much. I got some exciting news and 100% forgot. I drove to wherever he wanted to meet the next time and threw in some extras. I think he was more annoyed with how many times i apologized lol. Good dude and i still kinda feel bad about that even though it was like 5 years ago.

Still love my pistol bud!

:lol2::lol: Thank You for the levity :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom