• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Do you think a .22 blank will cycle a semi auto pistol? Or is the answer as I suspect: "It depends"

I might be training a new puppy to waterfowl soon, and need some sort of "bang"

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    CCI quiets will not cycle most semis, so my guess would no for blanks or starter ammo. Use a revolver.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Just pull some of the heeled bullets and stuff a wad of tissue paper in the end and melt some wax over it. If your not fond of melting wax, just push the case into some canning wax and break a tiny plug off.
    They will go bang but not sure if it will reciprocate an action. Maybe even styro-foam will work better so you don't begin to gum things up.
    A revolver would be best.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    If you put something like a suppressor on the end of the barrel it will help build up enough pressure to cycle. lol!

Seriously though, I would not even try to anything other than manually single load in a semi auto rimfire pistol. Every round is either going to fail to eject, fail to feed, or worse stovepipe and annoy the crap out of you. Also think about where the rimfire primer is at when a live round stove pipes. I have seen it happen with a shotshell. Personally I have a dedicated cheap 22 single action revolver for 22 shot shells and blanks. South Carroll Sporting Goods just posted a H&R 22 revolver for $99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom