• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Went to baton up some kindling to fire up the woodstove this morning. Cant believe after all its been through it gave up the ghost like that. Its was used the past 4 years to cut up bait on the boat, chop the heads off big catfish and for batoning up small pieces of wood to get the stove going. Not sure ka bar still makes these anybody got any advice for a replacement?

Attachments

• 20181128_071359-800x600.jpg
      20181128_071359-800x600.jpg
      108.1 KB · Views: 395

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Just ordered a cold steel black bear bowie. Sent kabar an email as well who knows maybe they will replace it. Always been a big fan of kabar but I feel like there must have been some kind of defect for it to brake like that. Its a thick piece of steel.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    There is this neat little tool someone told me about the other day, they use it for splittin' kindling all the time. They called it a "hatchet". :shrug:

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Maybe a Benchmade Steep Country? A little harder to sharpen, but will hold its edge longer.. I think they can be had for about 100 bucks.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    There is this neat little tool someone told me about the other day, they use it for splittin' kindling all the time. They called it a "hatchet". :shrug:

I see your point but surely a piece of 1095 that frickin thick shouldnt break so easily. Hell the thing weighs more than many small hatchets and was designed for chopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom