• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Bought my son a minty glenfield 30-30. The stock is too long for him does anyone know if a 336y stock will fit the glenfield?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back in the day , Glenfield = Same gun as equivalent Marlin, except with " stained hardwood " furniture instead of walnut , blue trigger instead of gold colotrd. Primarily sold to/ buy large chain stores , at price point +/- 15% below Marlin branded.

The really high volume retailers in the day , such as Sears, Wards, Western Auto, would often have private label models , the Glenfield was commonly seen at mid level chains .

FWIW , my first purchase from a retailer after turning 18 , was a Glenfield from MEMCO .

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Back in the day , Glenfield = Same gun as equivalent Marlin, except with " stained hardwood " furniture instead of walnut , blue trigger instead of gold colotrd. Primarily sold to/ buy large chain stores , at price point +/- 15% below Marlin branded.

The really high volume retailers in the day , such as Sears, Wards, Western Auto, would often have private label models , the Glenfield was commonly seen at mid level chains .

FWIW , my first purchase from a retailer after turning 18 , was a Glenfield from MEMCO .

My first firearm (for Christmas BTW) was a Marlin Glenfield .22LR at 14 years of age-- purchased from a chain at a local mall. Still shoots straight and true--

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

Flash Back

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom