• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Just got mine planted Sunday. Got the ground blind all brushed in this afternoon. Would have preferred a stand but my 8 year old wants to tag along some this year and I figured a couple evenings on a food plot would keep him engaged....I hope.

Attachments

• KIMG0152.jpg
      KIMG0152.jpg
      126.5 KB · Views: 273
    • KIMG0151.jpg
      KIMG0151.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 265

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    yeah I have 50 acres of beans the deer have destroyed, no need for pics, almost nothing left to see.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I planted earlier this year, it's called my kitchen garden. Nothing, not even deer corn with attractants, brings them in like tomatoes, beans, etc. I have a fence around everything but the pumpkins and the tomatoes (whcih have cages) but the fawns we have right now can stick their heads through the cage wires and get to the tomatoes. Looks like there won't be any homemade salsa this year....

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Just got mine planted Sunday. Got the ground blind all brushed in this afternoon. Would have preferred a stand but my 8 year old wants to tag along some this year and I figured a couple evenings on a food plot would keep him engaged....I hope.

If I may ask, what did you plant?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I was considering planting some apple trees on my hill recently. Does anyone have experience in this? Specifically keeping them from destroying them before they produce fruit.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Get a few of the largest ones you can and fence them off. Anything that bears fruit will work good. Pears, crab apples. They need a lot of water to get going on real good and some time.

Thank you. I assumed some kind of barrier would be needed to keep them away for the first few years.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I had planted various fruit trees all over the place and I bet someone is getting good use of them now. I had gotten some from a nursery long ago that were small and came with the roots bare in a wet paper bag so you could prune them before planting. They might have even given them to me but its been a long time ago. I wouldnt have paid much for them anyhow because of Luskin Syndrome. You might even be able to get a near mature tree from an orchard but it would be some work moving and planting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom