• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Anybody have one of these? Specifically the version sold by atlantic firearms. I have an itch for something belt or drum fed but cant afford a registered machine gun. Right now its either this or a heavy bbl ptr with drum mags.Really want something in 308 as I have a pile of ammo and i currently reload this caliber.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I don't have one from Atlantic, I built my own. They are loads of fun and always crowd pleasers. I have the parts for both 3006 and 308 but shoot mostly 06.

Attachments

• 20171205_215437[1].jpg
      20171205_215437[1].jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 355

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Lots of kits and site plates available, doesn't look like a terribly hard job but probably not a good first build. I bought a .30-06 TNW build pre-Izzy with Saginaw parts as near as I can tell a year ago. Sadly haven't had a chance to shoot it.

Wasn't cheap but thought it was a good investment and has spade grips installed. If you want one get it, lot cheaper to play with than a Maduece.

Attachments

• IMG_4878.JPG
      IMG_4878.JPG
      52.1 KB · Views: 351

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    A couple of years ago a local gun store had one for sale it had both .308 and .30-06 barrels with tripod, case and some belts. They were asking $3000 and it didn't last long.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    A couple of years ago a local gun store had one for sale it had both .308 and .30-06 barrels with tripod, case and some belts. They were asking $3000 and it didn't last long.

Those prices are long gone. I was around that for mine but it was the right gun with the right parts, had a tripod, mounts, cleaning kits the usual stuff from TNW.

If you want a plain jane .308 I bet you could build one for around $2k and maybe a $200 more for a repro tripod.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Leaves me with some more research to do. Has anyone sat down and shot one for groups just to see what it could do? A build could be fun but are those rivets a bitch to get in?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I missed one the other day on GB, they listed it at 2000.00 it was complete and had a barrel bi-pod and a can under it for the ammo to sit in. It was listed as a 1919A7 so i was confused on the variant and i did some research , in the 15 mins i did that someone bought it .

How hard is it to build the kit? how much Milling is involved?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I built one in .308.
    Lots of fun and will definitely get heads to turn.
    Not cheap to shoot but lots of fun with a group.

If you have the cash... do it. You will not be sorry.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I built mine in 2006 I think. $395 parts kit. $650 all in. $600 more for an original tripod. That Tripod was expensive! South African 308 Brass ammo Surplus was running 13 cents a round. It took my friend and I 12 hours to build and parkerize two! One of the easiest builds out there and tons of fun. There is a great website called 1919a4.com that has absolutely everything you need to know. I have been a member there for a long long time! Easier then AKs to build, lets face it ARs are not a build but an assembly. Very cool and even cooler with a crank... which of course is now not so easy to get...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I built mine in 2006 I think. $395 parts kit. $650 all in. $600 more for an original tripod. That Tripod was expensive! South African 308 Brass ammo Surplus was running 13 cents a round. It took my friend and I 12 hours to build and parkerize two! One of the easiest builds out there and tons of fun. There is a great website called 1919a4.com that has absolutely everything you need to know. I have been a member there for a long long time! Easier then AKs to build, lets face it ARs are not a build but an assembly. Very cool and even cooler with a crank... which of course is now not so easy to get...

Oh I wish parts kits were still that cheap

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Oh I wish parts kits were still that cheap

Yeah, don't we all. I also bought a M44 Mosin Nagant for $65 at that time.

Anyway, I forgot....

If anyone is interested in a well built 1919a4 priced under the best deal you can find, let me know. My friend who built one with me is selling his. Email me if you are interested and I will get the two of you in touch. This will also give you a chance to test fire and get some hands on experience with how to deal with it before you buy it. The only reason he is selling... he bought a Full Auto 1919a4. Well proven gun. Email me if interested. phiteshe@vt.edu

Last edited:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Yeah, don't we all. I also bout a M44 Mosin Nagant for $65 at that time.

Anyway, I forgot....

If anyone is interested in a well built 1919a4 priced under the best deal you can find, let me know. My friend who built one with me is selling his. Email me if you are interested and I will get the two of you in touch. This will also give you a chance to test fire and get some hands on experience with how to deal with it before you buy it. The only reason he is selling... he bought a Full Auto 1919a4. Well proven gun. Email me if interested. phiteshe@vt.edu

I am interested, email incoming

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yeah, don't we all. I also bout a M44 Mosin Nagant for $65 at that time.

Anyway, I forgot....

Amen on that. Supply and demand.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I think I even have my wife on board with adding one of these to our collection. My 10yr old about jumped through the ceiling when we looked at videos. Hope prices dont skyrocket to bad in next couple months unfortunatley our old utv has developed a pretty good nock and im pretty sure that old polaris 500 is about to spill its guts in our yard...now where is that damn atv thread we had going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom