• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Its possible but the problem is that people who will organize this won't be listened to. Its not like a Union where you vote then they all agree to abide by the vote. Just reading the facebook page there are a few types
    Those that did not go and called everyone who went stupid and had cheap cars
    Those that went and flamed people for acting stupid
    Those that went and said they did not care and will raise hell and come again next year. And those that did not raise hell were "Boomers" or "White Claw Drinkers"

There were lots of posts from people saying "see what you get for your behavior", or "H2Oi used to be a good time but you all ruined it"

Social media seemed to "work people up"

I think one issue is liability, no one wants to rent an area w/o safety rules that are then violated when they do donuts with people within inches of the spinning car.

Many of them are underage drinking.

Its pretty much the same as beach week. They set up a lot of events to try and control the chaos, but people still act foolish. If someone worked with OC to make it a "sanctioned" event using Crusin as a blueprint, the chaos may be lessened. Hard to think it would be worse than this year. Also hard to think that OC will be any less arbitrary with the tickets in the future.

The official event moved to Atlantic City in 2018. AC doesn't have a strip like OC does, so I doubt it will take hold.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I wonder what would take it's place in an alternative universe if the very first H20 event in some berlin farm field or wherever it was never took place?

Would the last weekend of September be quiet in OC? Or would there be some other "pop up" import rally at some point during the year that mimics this?

I guess we'll never know..

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    OC_impound.jpg

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I was on my way back from Chincoteague on Sunday, going about 70 ish in the 65 MPH zone. I was minding my own business in the right lane, with the left open for a ways, and a flicker caught my eye in my side view mirror. Half a second later, a BMW flew by me as if I was stopped. He was going at least 140-150. That is the sort of crap I cant stand.

Oh, and taking 93 minutes to travel the last 11 miles to the Bay Bridge, after Labor day, for literally no reason.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    ...Oh, and taking 93 minutes to travel the last 11 miles to the Bay Bridge, after Labor day, for literally no reason.

They put steel plates across a couple bridge joiners a short ways up on the bridge... that's all the backup was about.:sad20:
    No one wanted to hit them at speed.

Oneqwickr6

Feb 8, 2013
    Someone told me that the h2o crowd is coming back to ocean city during cruise week to take it over and cruising week is next week I believe?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Someone told me that the h2o crowd is coming back to ocean city during cruise week to take it over and cruising week is next week I believe?

correct, "some" will be back. Thus the OCPD will have the option to deal with them the same. Some think a Classic Car is a 1999 Celica Supra.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Would it necessarily be a bad idea if OC just negotiates to allow H2O as an event although in a more organized form with sanctioned events to entice H2O to police their own to maintain a bit of order? My thinking is a closed course at the convention center for a lot of the nonsense to be contained and organized safely, boardwalk auto parade, inlet auto show? If H2O can't contain it an bring control, then nothing. I mean dangle a carrot they want; for negotiation of what OC wants.

No, they want the danger and they want to be outlaws.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I wonder what would take it's place in an alternative universe if the very first H20 event in some berlin farm field or wherever it was never took place?

Would the last weekend of September be quiet in OC? Or would there be some other "pop up" import rally at some point during the year that mimics this?

I guess we'll never know..

It would have gone the way the Punk'in Chuck'in in Delaware. Closed down due to lack of insurance.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It would have gone the way the Punk'in Chuck'in in Delaware. Closed down due to lack of insurance.

lol. Not what I was getting at, I was just thinking of what the person (persons?) who originally started the original event whenever that was (years ago?) might be thinking right now.. "Man if I never did the first one then none of this would be happening"

Not saying its anyones fault, but if someone went "Nah, nevermind, fuk this stupid shit." when they were planning the first one...

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    H2Oi was a sanctioned event when it started, the stupidity and lack of ability of the sponsors to control it caused it not to be.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Don't believe it ever was. As far back as I can remember it was held at the race track, then to the grounds. AFAIK/recall, OC had nothing to do with it.

The event started as the go to place to get your aftermarket parts, and show off your car. Amazon/online pricing is what really killed the show.

The hooligans (no disrespect to the western MD'ers here on MDS) didn't really show up until the last year or two in Berlin (2015/16??) Most of them never went to actual location of the event, since you had to pay to get in.

Blaming the sponsors of the event isn't a far cry from blaming Bre Taylor's family for the destruction Antifa caused. You can't control stupid.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Don't believe it ever was. As far back as I can remember it was held at the race track, then to the grounds. AFAIK/recall, OC had nothing to do with it.

The event started as the go to place to get your aftermarket parts, and show off your car. Amazon/online pricing is what really killed the show.

The hooligans (no disrespect to the western MD'ers here on MDS) didn't really show up until the last year or two in Berlin (2015/16??) Most of them never went to actual location of the event, since you had to pay to get in.

Blaming the sponsors of the event isn't a far cry from blaming Bre Taylor's family for the destruction Antifa caused. You can't control stupid.
    My bad, I knew it was a sponsored activity "downy ocean hun", so.....close, but no cigar!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Anyone here in LE or know someone in LE that was there traveling to help out OCPD?

I was out with a DE State Trooper on Sunday and he said the shooting of fireworks at officers is the biggest problem. In the heat of a moment, the sound of the fireworks is often mistaken for the report of a firearm.

He also said these douche bags have been emboldened with all the crap they've seen on TV (Portland/Seattle/every Dem city).

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    City council just approved something like 10 more officers.
    Doesn’t seem like OC wants to defund the police at least not at this time.

As you well know but many here may not, Eastern Shore and that area especially is very RED.

Is that 10 more for the full time year round positions or the summer temporary ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom