• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TACAV

Aug 6, 2008
    They must have hit the jackpot with all the fines they collected.

Or plan on generating enough revenue to help pay for them.

Common misconception...

in MD traffic citation fines go to the state general fund. Not to the local agency who issued the citation.

The cops in OC or where ever can write as many traffic tickets as they want, they arent going to see any of the proceeds for it.

By direct comparison in other States, like Delaware its different. In DE local jurisdictions (cities/towns etc) can establish local ordinances that mirror the state traffic article. So if you get caught speeding, they can write you on a civil ticket for a local ordinance violation and any fine money would got to them vs the state. That's why all those small beach towns in DE just camp out and run radar 24/7.

MD you cant really do that.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Common misconception...

in MD traffic citation fines go to the state general fund. Not to the local agency who issued the citation.

The cops in OC or where ever can write as many traffic tickets as they want, they arent going to see any of the proceeds for it.

By direct comparison in other States, like Delaware its different. In DE local jurisdictions (cities/towns etc) can establish local ordinances that mirror the state traffic article. So if you get caught speeding, they can write you on a civil ticket for a local ordinance violation and any fine money would got to them vs the state. That's why all those small beach towns in DE just camp out and run radar 24/7.

MD you cant really do that.

Thanks for that td-bit of information I was not aware of the allocation and scheduling arrangement for the issuance of fines in MD.

Maybe then they will just use them for additional support to maintain law and order or for additional resources to serve the public and nearby localities in the event of an emergency.

Evidently the City council decided on the measure early this week and immediately post unsanctioned festivities.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Don't believe it ever was. As far back as I can remember it was held at the race track, then to the grounds. AFAIK/recall, OC had nothing to do with it.

The event started as the go to place to get your aftermarket parts, and show off your car. Amazon/online pricing is what really killed the show.

The hooligans (no disrespect to the western MD'ers here on MDS) didn't really show up until the last year or two in Berlin (2015/16??) Most of them never went to actual location of the event, since you had to pay to get in.

Blaming the sponsors of the event isn't a far cry from blaming Bre Taylor's family for the destruction Antifa caused. You can't control stupid.

This is the whole reason the show left and is now in Atlantic City. Ocean City was blaming the guy who created the show for all the morons that took over. None of them were VW's and left Ocean City in shambles and made the show look bad so he picked the show up and left. And now Ocean City can't blame them because it left 2 years ago. It's a shame it was a great show. 2nd biggest on the East Coast and was considered the season ender for VW enthusiasts. The ones who actually went to the show and loved and respected cars. Not what's coming to town now.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Got the Bay Bridge jack@$$.......

From the Evening Crapwrapper.....

"Gary Ray Montague, Jr., 22, of Dumfries, VA"

"Montague, who does not have an attorney listed in online court records, faces three counts of disturbing the peace and one count of disorderly conduct — both misdemeanor offenses.

Additionally, he faces 23 traffic violations, including driving the wrong way on a one-way street, willfully disrupting the flow of traffic and reckless driving, among other offenses."

They should have charged him with 359 counts of "driving the wrong way.." One for every degree off straight!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

"Montague, who does not have an attorney listed in online court records, faces three counts of disturbing the peace and one count of disorderly conduct — both misdemeanor offenses.

Additionally, he faces 23 traffic violations, including driving the wrong way on a one-way street, willfully disrupting the flow of traffic and reckless driving, among other offenses."

They should have charged him with 359 counts of "driving the wrong way.." One for every degree off straight!!!

I thought the video was saying going into Ocean City till I got on the westbound Bay Bridge and saw the donuts . Just think if one person would of kept driving and got hit by this clown. They would be rich!!!!

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'm sure 3 of his buddies were blocking the 3 lanes and filming.

My thoughts as well...rolling road block to a stop. This guy and all of his buddies are loving all the attention, minus the legal side of things.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    There were rolling road blocks all over the place. I heard about several for those NJ boys coming down from DE also.
    They had people ahead, then people behind and then stopping and drag racing.
    Someone told me the people dragging then pulled ahead of the people up front so the disgruntle people in traffic could not get a plate after the fact.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD

"

I have copied the charges for everyone's entertainment. It's like someone at MDTA sat and studied the traffic code and went out of his/her way to jot down anything that they even remotely thought would apply. This is clearly the work of someone with some extra time on their hands. But it's kinda gold.

RECKLESS DRIVING
    NEGLIGENT DRIVING
    DRIVING WRONG WAY--ONE WAY STREET
    UNSAFE LANE CHANGING
    DRIVER FAILURE TO OBEY DESIGNATED LANE DIRECTIONS
    FAILURE OF DRIVER DRIVING BELOW (SPEED LIMIT, NORM AL SPEED OF TRAFFIC) TO KEEP RIGHT
    DRIVER MAKING PROHIBITED U-TURN ON CREST OF GRADE
    DRIVER FAILURE TO OBEY PROPERLY PLACED TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE INSTRUCTIONS
    FAILURE TO DRIVE RIGHT OF CENTER
    WILLFULLY DRIVING MOTOR VEH. AT SLOW SPEED IMPEDING NORMAL AND REASONABLE TRAFFIC MOVEMENT
    DRIVING VEH. BELOW MINIMUM SPEED LIMIT ON POSTED HWY.
    OBSTRUCTION OF HWY. CONTROL (DEVICE, SIGN, SIGNAL)
    (STOPPING, STANDING, PARKING) VEH. ON (BRIDGE, ELEVATED STRUCTURE)
    (THROWING, DUMPING, DISCHARGE, DEPOSIT) ANY REFUSE ON (HWY., PUBLIC BRIDGE, PUBLIC WATERS)
    WILLFULLY DAMAGING A HIGHWAY
    WILLFULLY (INJURING, DAMAGING) (WORK, MATERIAL, STRUCTURE) USE IN HWY. CONSTRUCTION
    DRIVING MOTOR VEH. IN MANNER INTENDED TO CAUSE SKIDDING
    DRIVER SPINNING WHEELS
    DRIVING MOTOR VEH. IN MANNER INTENDED TO CAUSE EXCESSIVE NOISE
    USING DEVICE ON MOTOR VEH. (EXHAUST, TAIL PIPE) EXTENSION CAUSING EXCESSIVE NOISE
    MODIFYING (EXHAUST SYSTEM, NOISE ABATEMENT DEVICE) ON MOTOR VEH. CAUSING EXCESSIVE NOISE EMISSION
    MOTOR VEH. EQUIPPED WITH UNLAWFULLY MODIFIED (EXHAUST SYSTEM, NOISE ABATEMENT DEVICE)
    DIRECTING AND PERMITTING HWY. VEH. OPERATION CONTRARY TO LAW

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I have copied the charges for everyone's entertainment. It's like someone at MDTA sat and studied the traffic code and went out of his/her way to jot down anything that they even remotely thought would apply. This is clearly the work of someone with some extra time on their hands. But it's kinda gold.
    Article stated "MTAPD in conjunction with Queen Anne's State's Attorney"

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    My thoughts as well...rolling road block to a stop. This guy and all of his buddies are loving all the attention, minus the legal side of things.

Only difference between this attention seeking whore vs Hollywood elites? He faces charges for being an ass?

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel

Finally found out what someone had to do to get a ticket for driving slowly outside of the right lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom