• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Did you experience any malfunctions because it was dirty? Any change in pull weight or feel? I'm guessing no.

So you had questions, but are now answering them yourself after being shown fouling does accumulate in the FCG pocket. :lol2:

Yes, for aftermarket "Pack" Units they can fail with fouling, mainly because almost all of them are single stage and have little room for fouling.

Wayne, I apologize for my comments bringing this into your thread.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Look, you're the one claiming that cassette style trigger packs have some inherent design flaw. It's on you to offer some evidence to back up your claim. It's conceivable that enough fouling can cause trigger malfunctions, but my assertion is that it doesn't happen in real-world use. Of the hundreds of thousands of triggers out there, I can't find anybody making blog or forum posts complaining about this issue. There are people using these triggers on .22 uppers getting them caked with crap, 3 gun shooters putting thousands of rounds through them, etc. Surely one of them would have discovered this design flaw? But no, they haven't, which makes me think you made this imaginary problem up to justify your purchasing choices. So, either show us a couple malfunctioning triggers, or keep your crap to yourself.

http://www.mdshooters.com/archive/index.php/t-135031.html Hey look, it's you spreading the same misinformation, and a guy talks about using his Timney with a can on an SBR with no issues.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I've seen it myself. I don't have pictures or videos to prove it, whether its at the range, my friends, or paying customers.

I share my experience with those looking for advice. Does everyone have problems? Nope, but they either don't shoot enough between cleanings or don't shoot with a suppressor. 3 gun guys are running full power loads and suppressors? That's news to me because most reload and run low mass parts and adjustable gas with no can. That keeps things clean and fast, but certain my not something a person should consider for their home, trunk, or anything beyond paper punching and gaming.

I'm not selling any product or service. If you shoot enough to, especially with a can youll see failures with single stage triggers, specificay pack units.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Remember POF built this trigger for their guns, which are piston driven and should have significantly less powder fouling.

Sort of. They built it for DI or piston rifles. As I understand it, POF helped Timney design their AR15 trigger and then went on to modify the design and build their own that's a tweaked version of the Timney but they stuck with only 4.5LB triggers. The POF triggers were designed for AR10 use, hence the heavier trigger/hammer springs, but will work well in an AR15 still.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The POF trigger is a great upgrade for a 9mm AR. Geissele 3G will not work. CMC does not work and Timneys are iffy.

Very good single stage upgrade. Just wish it was closer to 3lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom