• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    So I received the Atlantic Firearms Exclusive PTR-91 K3P Pistol a few days after Thanksgiving. The first thing I thought was this is a big pistol! Well it is and it has a decent about of heft to it, weighing in at around 8.5lbs. The fit and finish was excellent, zero noise during the shake test. The gun is pretty much built to spec due to PTR using H&K tooling (HK heads might beg to differ, but I do understand that nothing is quite like the original). This allows you to interchange parts with the readily available parts at HKPARTS.net. Speaking of parts interchangeability, Atlantic chose to go with a non-traditional trigger housing that incorporates a very narrow pistol grip. So to you guys looking for a “clone” you will need to change this part out. My goal is to use this pistol as a solid starting point for a SBR build (G3K). Shooting this gun as a pistol is possible but not the most practical thing to do. With that being said the Sig styled brace is a must! There are two options for you guys waiting on your stamps or for those of you who chose just to keep your gun as a pistol. Atlantic offers a Century Arms derivative of the Sig Brace, and a folding mechanism that looks a lot like the ACE style adapters that are usually associated with AKs. The adapter and the brace paired together makes for a rather lengthy LOP. I measured this at around 15.5” LOP, it also adds about 1.5lbs to the whole rig bringing the weight up to around 10.2lbs. After doing some research I found that HKPARTS.net has a similar but pricey brace setup that actually replaces the entire endcap. This rig runs around $375 for the PDW versions. Shooting the gun was a pleasure (while shouldered with the brace), I did most of the shooting from a rest position since I was trying to dial in the diopter style sights. I experienced one malfunction which was due to me limp wristing the gun while shooting it without the brace. Aside from that, all other rounds went off without a hitch. I fired ZQI 150gr ammo and PPU 168gr ammo, and the pistol ate all rounds as expected. I was very happy with the overall performance of the pistol as it sits, and think that it’s a great way to get into the SBR game.

Hope this short (first impressions) review will help anyone that might be considering buying this pistol!

IMG_0087
    by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_0071

IMG_0066

DSC_5003

DSC_4999

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Hey buddy, thanks again for bringing us another great review and a look into you exclusive bag of goodies.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    I just finished my ptr -91 sbr. I'm looking for a different flash hider.Saw one on HK parts with the correct thread (M15X1 rh). I am also looking for a different optics. The one mounted is a sight mark which I know it won't last once those 308's start flying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-13-20-10-20.jpg
      Screenshot_2015-09-13-20-10-20.jpg
      28.4 KB · Views: 1,644
    • Screenshot_2015-09-13-20-10-42.jpg
      Screenshot_2015-09-13-20-10-42.jpg
      36.1 KB · Views: 1,816

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members