• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Who's getting one, this "Modular Bullpup Rifle" seems to be MD compliant with the 20" barrel variant. No need to pin and weld anything!! :party29: MD Bullpup fans rejoice:D

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/30/shot-2018-lithgow-atrax-production-usa-now/

barrel-lengths-399x380.png

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As a lefty, I'm not seeing much to get excited about. Unless I want another 'C' burned into my lower lip from the ejecting casing.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nah, AUG receiver is a different animal. From what I read anyways.
    Agreed. Definitely not the same rifle, even moreso than the MSAR. I think this is a good opportunity for people who missed out on pre-ban AUGs. If I were going to buy another bullpup, though, I think I'd buy a factory X95 SBR and have the LGS perma-weld a suppressor to it to make OAL (and take it off the SBR registry).

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Agreed. Definitely not the same rifle, even moreso than the MSAR. I think this is a good opportunity for people who missed out on pre-ban AUGs. If I were going to buy another bullpup, though, I think I'd buy a factory X95 SBR and have the LGS perma-weld a suppressor to it to make OAL (and take it off the SBR registry).
    That's an excellent idea!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    So what's up with serialized portion of this rifle? And what needs to happen to change the barrel? Seems like a different arrangement than what the AUG has...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    So what's up with serialized portion of this rifle? And what needs to happen to change the barrel? Seems like a different arrangement than what the AUG has...

The frame is made of a high strength polymer and ATF Guidelines only allow serialized metal parts, so they used the bolt carrier. (so the carrier is the gun :lol2:)

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    The frame is made of a high strength polymer and ATF Guidelines only allow serialized metal parts, so they used the bolt carrier. (so the carrier is the gun 2:)
    This is a bit disconcerting... The carrier is a moving part, it wears out. Replacing it isn't really possible, right? Whole new FFL transaction that may or may not be legal in MD at that point?

OTOH I wonder what an 80% completed bolt carrier looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom