• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    It's permanent and a bit on the dangerous side if you're not mindful lol.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's permanent and a bit on the dangerous side if you're not mindful lol.

Tell me about it...:D YHM 762 Phantom LTA(A stands for aggressive)

Attachments

• 300aac.jpg
      300aac.jpg
      76 KB · Views: 513

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    What y’all think on the more vertical angled pistol grips vs the old school angled on the shorter rifles/pistols?

I like the more vertical angled on the shorter pistols/rifles but the more angled on a standard length rifle.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just to add in something different: got my first Form 1 can project serialized today. The fellas at Engage made short work of it, and didn’t mind me getting a shot of their 30 watt laser making aluminum vapors out of my name and can info.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What y’all think on the more vertical angled pistol grips vs the old school angled on the shorter rifles/pistols?

I like the more vertical angled on the shorter pistols/rifles but the more angled on a standard length rifle.

I am comfortable with the old school angled fore grip but have not tried the type of grip outrider has. That could change. You guys did convert me from Tailhook to SB Tactical; the SB tactical is more comfortable.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I am comfortable with the old school angled fore grip but have not tried the type of grip outrider has. That could change. You guys did convert me from Tailhook to SB Tactical; the SB tactical is more comfortable.

I use them mostly as a hand stop. That's why I put the slant forward.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I use them mostly as a hand stop. That's why I put the slant forward.

I love these short grips. Both of my SBR's have them. I tried both slant directions and ended up with the slant back. The web of my thumb is the stop as I hold the fore end. When the barrel gets hot I end up sliding down to holding the grip.

MDA-20200411-0060-4-L.jpg

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just arrived today. Ingram Model 6 Military. (.45ACP) This one was made by the Police Ordnance Company (Los Angelos, CA) in 1949. They also made the Model 6 Police, which had a 1928 Thompson style vertical front grip. I have one of those also. The guns have a cool dual stage trigger. Pull part way back for single shots and all the way back for full auto. Similar to an MG34. They made a spike bayonet for the Model 6 Military. There is a hole under the barrel to insert the bayonet. Those are very hard to find. Most of the Military models were shipped to South America.

These are very nice guns to shoot. And it weighs about 3 pounds less than the 1928 Thompson.

The first two pictures are from the original listing and the third one is with the MDS required shoe in picture format. :rolleyes: The forth picture shows the insert hole for the spike bayonet.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      23 KB · Views: 417
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      24.9 KB · Views: 426
    • M6 Military.jpg
      M6 Military.jpg
      121.7 KB · Views: 419
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      22.2 KB · Views: 418

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    yall are funny i was talking about pistol grips, like the magpul moe vs the magpul k-2. the different angled pistol grips, not hand stops :)

:lol:

Oops!

I've used both in builds and to be honest, I don't notice much difference or advantage of one over the other.

I've always been a big fan of the over-molded rubber grips. They absorb a little more vibration and are grippier over all.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Just arrived today. Ingram Model 6 Military. (.45ACP) This one was made by the Police Ordnance Company (Los Angelos, CA) in 1949. They also made the Model 6 Police, which had a 1928 Thompson style vertical front grip. I have one of those also. The guns have a cool dual stage trigger. Pull part way back for single shots and all the way back for full auto. Similar to an MG34. They made a spike bayonet for the Model 6 Military. There is a hole under the barrel to insert the bayonet. Those are very hard to find. Most of the Military models were shipped to South America.

These are very nice guns to shoot. And it weighs about 3 pounds less than the 1928 Thompson.

The first two pictures are from the original listing and the third one is with the MDS required shoe in picture format. :rolleyes: The forth picture shows the insert hole for the spike bayonet.

Very cool. I've never seen one of these until now :thumbsup:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yep, not many of them in the registry. And they don't come up for sale that often. I'll bring it out to one of our shoots and you can give it a run.

Pretty Gun! Looks like someone tried to “space age” a Thompson.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Pretty Gun! Looks like someone tried to “space age” a Thompson.

The Thompson is really MUCH more refined with lots of machining. This is made from mainly sheet metal stampings. The front sight is like 8-10 pieces of sheet metal stampings put together. That said, it is a very simple blow back action tube gun and very reliable.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

That's really sweet!! Did they make a 9mm version as well? Guess I could use my Google Foo and find out.

[EDIT] Yes - 9x19mm and .38 Super

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    That's really sweet!! Did they make a 9mm version as well? Guess I could use my Google Foo and find out.

[EDIT] Yes - 9x19mm and .38 Super

The chances of finding a transferrable Model 6 in 9mm or .38 Super are slim to none. Those two calibers were VERY low production and the majority of these guns, in any caliber, went to South and Central America.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    GunJesus says there were only a handful of guns made in other calibers for sales samples. Never sold.

I want to get a good look at that forend, sight, and barrel sometime Rich;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom