• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Picked it up from my dealer today.

Here it is, compared to my SBR'd SLR-104UR (AKS-74u).

SGZgTrM.jpg

So the SLR is at 29.5" with stock pad and P&W muzzle brake.

The KP-9 is 17 1/8" from the end of receiver to the barrel with no muzzle device. A triangle stock with pad is 10 1/8". You'll have to find a way to add 2" to the muzzle if you intend to SBR, and it must be a muzzle brake because of the feature test, also means no suppressors either.

Luckily Kalashnikov USA makes a brace with the correct latch specifically for the KP-9. The KP-9/KR-9 take 5.5mm pin stocks and they are specific to the Vityaz in order to lock up correctly.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I ordered a kp9 today. would love to run a tailhook brace on it. may have to do some fabrication to get what I want. we will see what I come up with.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Last edited:

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    It's forgotten for a reason. If the Russians could have a colt pattern 9mm or even an HK SMG they would...

The Russians have great confidence in their own arms, and consistently uses and supports their own manufactures. But realistically speaking Russia has a great relationship with most of the EU and especially Germany...So if they wanted to say, buy and utilize the HK SMG's in bulk, what would've stop them? Surely if Pakistan, Iran, Turkey can produce license clones and China can produce unlicensed clones, I'm pretty sure Mother Russia can produce it if they were so envious.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Picked it up from my dealer today.

Here it is, compared to my SBR'd SLR-104UR (AKS-74u).

SGZgTrM.jpg

So the SLR is at 29.5" with stock pad and P&W muzzle brake.

The KP-9 is 17 1/8" from the end of receiver to the barrel with no muzzle device. A triangle stock with pad is 10 1/8". You'll have to find a way to add 2" to the muzzle if you intend to SBR, and it must be a muzzle brake because of the feature test, also means no suppressors either.

Luckily Kalashnikov USA makes a brace with the correct latch specifically for the KP-9. The KP-9/KR-9 take 5.5mm pin stocks and they are specific to the Vityaz in order to lock up correctly.

Looks great!!Cant wait to see the finish product.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Will you change any of the furniture? Handguards, Grip Etc. I did seen that new triangle brace, I had previously bought a PSA triangle brace and adapter, I should have been more patient.

I'm tempted to Zenitco the shit outta it. Like this one:

3.jpg

But I also like how it looks when in it's issued form like the rest of my AK variants:

RMdlHKk.jpg

gygqKqD.jpg

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Picked mine up a couple of days ago, solid feeling pistol. Can't wait for my Kalashnikov USA triangle brace to get in!!

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Picked mine up a couple of days ago, solid feeling pistol. Can't wait for my Kalashnikov USA triangle brace to get in!!

They sent me an e-mail saying it should be shipping this week or next week. Crossing my fingers.

There is someone on AK Files making a more "correct" version of the triangle brace.

https://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414910

I may sell my brace when it comes in depending on the timeline of this.

Mr_Bojenkals

Mar 30, 2018
    Severn, MD
    They sent me an e-mail saying it should be shipping this week or next week. Crossing my fingers.

There is someone on AK Files making a more "correct" version of the triangle brace.

https://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414910

I may sell my brace when it comes in depending on the timeline of this.

I was on the fence about the brace from KUSA when I saw that hideous ledge they decided to put on it to incorporate the latch. Glad I saw the one on the Files and put my name on the list. It'll be a bit of a wait, but I think it'll be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom