• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    Hey everyone, I thought I’d share a contest that I’m actually hosting with Walther Arms USA and see if anyone here would be interested in entering. The next James Bond film, No Time To Die has currently been pushed back until April, but we’re still going forward with the contest, to win a brand new 2020 Walther PPK/S. Here’s the video from my YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/ips3I0MAGbo

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Why a PKK/S?

Bond carried a PPK. Although in the movies, many times it was a PP.

And why .380? Bond carried it in .32 ACP.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    A free gun and someone's complainin'. (But asking good questions. At least I saw an Aston-Martin in the trailer.)

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Why a PKK/S?

Bond carried a PPK. Although in the movies, many times it was a PP.

And why .380? Bond carried it in .32 ACP.

Because Smith & Wesson doesn't make a blued .32, probably.

One of these days I'm going to get on GunBroker and get me an old blues .32 ppk. I bet it is a sweet shooter in .32. Never had the pleasure.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I stand corrected. I didn't realize they weren't being made by Smith & Wesson anymore. That's good news. I owned a Smith & Wesson one and it was a piece of crap. Worst gun I ever owned in terms of reliability even after I sent it back to Smith & Wesson

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I just checked with the local formal wear rental place, and they said that they've had a run on their OFWG Signature Line tuxedos. Guess I'm going to have to go Polyester Leisure Suit Bond, or maybe Moonraker Bond.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One of these days I'm going to get on GunBroker and get me an old blues .32 ppk. I bet it is a sweet shooter in .32. Never had the pleasure.

Be sitting down when you do that search.

I had the same brilliant idea, but decided I did not need a toy at $2500 and UP.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Hey everyone, I thought I’d share a contest that I’m actually hosting with Walther Arms USA and see if anyone here would be interested in entering. The next James Bond film, No Time To Die has currently been pushed back until April, but we’re still going forward with the contest, to win a brand new 2020 Walther PPK/S. Here’s the video from my YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/ips3I0MAGbo

Thanks, I'll enter. When's the deadline?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Be sitting down when you do that search.

I had the same brilliant idea, but decided I did not need a toy at $2500 and UP.

I've bought a few pre-Nazi PPKs. Paid between 750 and a grand for them. It takes patience but they can be found.

32acp is a joy to shoot in these old guns. It's what they were designed for. Had a PPK/S in 380; hated it.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A coupe of weeks ago while at The Machine Gun Nest to pick up a transfer there was a fellow with several handguns he was interested in selling. He's getting on in years and wanted to let them go. One was a 1960s Colt Python with only one cylinder full shot through it when new...and looked brand new...box and all. He was asking a fair amount...maybe top of the current market so I wasn't interested. His other piece was a NIB Walther PPK he bought when he first saw "Dr. No" in 1962. He was asking $750...I'm not familiar with values but it struck as good deal. He game me his contact information and when home I researched values on PPKs from that era. I realized how good deal it was and contacted him right away...he had already found a buyer an hour before.

Such is life.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A coupe of weeks ago while at The Machine Gun Nest to pick up a transfer there was a fellow with several handguns he was interested in selling. He's getting on in years and wanted to let them go. One was a 1960s Colt Python with only one cylinder full shot through it when new...and looked brand new...box and all. He was asking a fair amount...maybe top of the current market so I wasn't interested. His other piece was a NIB Walther PPK he bought when he first saw "Dr. No" in 1962. He was asking $750...I'm not familiar with values but it struck as good deal. He game me his contact information and when home I researched values on PPKs from that era. I realized how good deal it was and contacted him right away...he had already found a buyer an hour before.

Such is life.

Well, I'm sure as can be that you've done well on occasion. You can't buy them all. (Don't ask how I know).

Still, too bad you missed it. Gotta move fast sometimes.

I'm reminded of the guy who told me that he didn't overpay for a gun, he just bought it a bit early. He was right. Don't ask me how many I've missed, it'll only make me sad.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Well, I'm sure as can be that you've done well on occasion. You can't buy them all. (Don't ask how I know).

Still, too bad you missed it. Gotta move fast sometimes.

I'm reminded of the guy who told me that he didn't overpay for a gun, he just bought it a bit early. He was right. Don't ask me how many I've missed, it'll only make me sad.

Yeah...thought a lot about the Python...contacted the guy and it's still for sale. We made a deal...will meet next week at TMGN to do the transfer...then the 7-day jail time before I can pick it up. The Python has had only eighteen rounds run though it since new. Damn...don't find 'em like that very often.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    I stand corrected. I didn't realize they weren't being made by Smith & Wesson anymore. That's good news. I owned a Smith & Wesson one and it was a piece of crap. Worst gun I ever owned in terms of reliability even after I sent it back to Smith & Wesson

This is not an S&W, this is made by Walther Arms USA and comes in a very handsome case. They are only manufacturing the new 2020 PPK and PPK/S in 380 at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom