What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    What bullet puller will you use?

Just a cheap kinetic hammer from Amazon. I want to get the Hornady Cam Lock or RCBS puller die but neither come with the collets and finding everything on the same site for reasonable prices wasn’t working. Figure I’ll use the hammer and buy one of the others later even if it’s piece by piece over some time.

Open to other suggestions though.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    Just a cheap kinetic hammer from Amazon. I want to get the Hornady Cam Lock or RCBS puller die but neither come with the collets and finding everything on the same site for reasonable prices wasn’t working. Figure I’ll use the oven hammer and buy one of the others later even if it’s piece by piece over some time.

Open to other suggestions though.

I too am looking for a bullet puller for rifle rounds that have been crimped.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    The only good way to pull these with a kinetic puller is to first push the bullet into the case to break the seal. You can do this with your seating die. Then they will come out easy when you play "Whack a mole."

This!

Also, I don’t play whack a mole. I press the kinetic puller against a pneumatic palm nailer. Bbbbrrrrrrp... bullet out.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I put the turret press on a short length of a 2x6 so I could move it out of the way easily for other work. I used the Lee mounting plate to also be able to exchange the single-stage and turret on the same moveable platform.
    ]

Take a look at the inline fabrication mount system. I have the flush mount and can swap my barrel vice, rockchucker, and a bench grinder all onto the same plate. I am looking at getting a T-7 and will just need to buy a new plate and wall hanger. It definitely helps me keep my bench cleaner. Some how clutter still seems to appear though!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Was prepping some brass for the upcoming season and noticed this. I had 12 out of 78 pieces showing signs. Probably 12 loads on this brass, but they were hot loads.

Keep an eye out folks, case head separation isn't fun.

Attachments

• 20201231_125557.jpg
      20201231_125557.jpg
      113.3 KB · Views: 180

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Finished off the last of my 4lb of Ramshot Competition today and tossed the last 2.6gr into the garden. I've been happy with this powder for my lead SWC 1911 loads. I'm going switch to Bullseye, since I have some now. When that pound runs out, I've got some N310 waiting.

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    Found in an old .30 ammo can

I'm not sure if they came from Jeff Bartlett or Wideners but 20 years ago I bought a full to the brim ammo can of Lake City NM 1967-1968 .30-06 brass. The bullets had been collet pulled, powder salvaged and the primers chemically killed. The can was forgotten about till I was cleaning out the shop. It looked like 400 tarnished cases. I deprimed them and mic'd to verify they were unfired. Walnut media in my old tumbler would not cut the tarnish, so I bought a new Frankford Arsenal wet pin machine and a Lyman case dryer. Water, Dawn, Lemi-Shine and the insidious stainless pins worked this old brass for 3 hours. When clean and dry, I ran every case through my neck sizer to square up the mouths and they are now ready to prime and load.

Attachments

• IMG_7219.jpg
      IMG_7219.jpg
      207.5 KB · Views: 139

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads