• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I have been playing with this drop in trigger for the last couple of weeks and I figured I would pass on my opinions.

Don't want to step on any IPs toes, but Wailer (MDS member) found these triggers on sale for $129.00 and for that price I had to give it a go. Since it's a direct competitor with the CMC drop in triggers I figured price would be the deciding factor if both triggers preformed as the manufacturers claimed. Note the CMC trigger retails for around $160.

The POF trigger is really nice out the box with a bright red anodized housing, and melonite coated hammer, trigger and disconnector. There are two rubber feet that run across the bottom of the trigger that makes install a breeze for the supplied KNS pins to slide right in. The trigger is rated at 4.5lbs and it my trigger measured at just that. Here is a short video on the install and my initial thoughts of the trigger........enjoy! I would love to know if anyone else has one of these triggers, and what's their experience with them?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I'm not a fan of these, CMC, or Timney. All unreliable when fouled IMO.

For me its a stock FCG or a SSA-E.
    Good point, I could see that! It's inherent due to the design and being contained in the housing. Less room to allow for dirt and grit build up, so when it does that "fouling" will have an adverse effect on the trigger, since it has nowhere to go.... These triggers are better suited for range & maybe competition rifles.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    How on earth is your trigger group getting fouled? And how does whatever is scumming up your trigger negatively affect these drop-ins, but not a stock group?

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    How on earth is your trigger group getting fouled? And how does whatever is scumming up your trigger negatively affect these drop-ins, but not a stock group?

I don't know how Clandestines trigger is getting fouled, but I ran my 300blk sbr silenced for the first time last week and my lower receiver was full of unburned powder and much dirtier than normal.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't know how Clandestines trigger is getting fouled, but I ran my 300blk sbr silenced for the first time last week and my lower receiver was full of unburned powder and much dirtier than normal.

Pshaw! you are just making that up man! Fouling is umpossible for the FCG. ;)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Not exactly, appears the disconnector is captured.

Yup, I cant say if that a good thing or bad. I guess good if you have to remove it in the field.

I do know that Giesseles sometimes need some work on the disconnector to work right and it wouldn't be easy to do if it was staked/pinned to the trigger.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

The uppers and lowers are not seperate on an AR. As the gas is delivered to the BCG it also expels a small amount into the surrounding area. You can exacerbate this with a suppressor and is deposited everywhere. With a normal mil-spec or Gieselle trigger it provides an even coating on all small parts in the lower and as the trigger group it "cleans" (read moves) the grit of of itself and important parts. In a "sealed" drop-in as grit is deposited it has nowhere to move to. And builds up and eventually clogs the unit.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

Fouling a particle of foul: Make foul or dirty; pollute.

Okay I understand what Clandestine is saying (and I like this trigger):D. Okay a lower has a huge void where dirt, debris, etc and other "fowling" has a place to go (somewhere in that huge void). But with a drop in trigger such as this one, if debris gets caught in this much smaller area it can possibly cause malfunctions. The chances are higher with this smaller more compact area which can keep the dirt near crucial moving parts of the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom