• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Not a lot of talk about the newly released VZ Compact pistol (which is a sweet candidate for a Form 1). These are on sale right now at Czechpoint USA for $1025, but they have a limited stock... Man this is one of the baddest SBRs to come out! It's a shame that it won't reach 29" no matter what you do to this thing. The pistol alone is 16.4", so mad at Maryland right now! I need an 11" stock and a 2" pinned brake!!

Side note since it is being sold as a pistol right now, and we have a 7.62x39 and a 5.56 pistol on the roster will this compact version need to be submitted separately, or would it already be covered?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    For those of us who don't have 72" computer monitors.

1799101_1549197102018389_772691014397411037_o.jpg

Likey! :thumbsup:

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    When I look at that little thing I think it wouldn't be hard at all for a competent company to produce a blowback version in 9mm... Though I guess that CZ has already done something even better with their new Scorpion.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Looks great, but won't make OAL for Maryland. :(

This new version would need to be submitted separately, since it's a different model.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Not a lot of talk about the newly released VZ Compact pistol.. These are on sale right now at Czechpoint USA for $1025...?

Then the cost of turning it into a SBR, the stamp and cost related.... makes for an expensive rifle. I think I would rather skip this and the next 3 like it and save for a Mac MG. These SBRs seems crazy expensive to me for what you get.

I remember when these parts kits first came in. I think it was like a $75 parts kit. Total build cost looked to be about $450 with US receiver and semi/922 parts. Thats for the standard rifle, not the SBR. I remember opting for the AK at the time and I am not sorry I did. It was only a little more. These look nice and well built but I think I would still rather have an AK.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Then the cost of turning it into a SBR, the stamp and cost related.... makes for an expensive rifle. I think I would rather skip this and the next 3 like it and save for a Mac MG. These SBRs seems crazy expensive to me for what you get.

I remember when these parts kits first came in. I think it was like a $75 parts kit. Total build cost looked to be about $450 with US receiver and semi/922 parts. Thats for the standard rifle, not the SBR. I remember opting for the AK at the time and I am not sorry I did. It was only a little more. These look nice and well built but I think I would still rather have an AK.

That's about $350 bucks or so (grand total of $1375-1400).... To each his own, both of my factory SBRs were around $1700 (pre stamp). So IMO to be able to have this gun SBRed for under $1500, that's still a good price to me (my idea of expensive actually starts around where your going $5K for a machine gun). Folks tend to compare these to AKs, but I really don't see the relation aside from the chambering. I can't live in the past and reminisce about the prices of old.....

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That's about $350 bucks or so (grand total of $1375-1400).... To each his own, both of my factory SBRs were around $1700 (pre stamp). So IMO to be able to have this gun SBRed for under $1500, that's still a good price to me (my idea of expensive actually starts around where your going $5K for a machine gun). Folks tend to compare these to AKs, but I really don't see the relation aside from the chambering. I can't live in the past and reminisce about the prices of old.....

All good points, yes certainly some would much rather have a few SBRs than one MG. No doubt.

As far as the gun, its 7.62x39 assault rifle. Just like comparing G3s to FALs. Always going to happen. For me I don't need two rifles filling the same need there. I like the FAL more and sold my CETME. I like the AK better and skipped these. However we all collect differently. So for those AK lovers, yeah certainly something to look at. Its certainly a cool gun thats well built and designed. Also interesting in that its an Eastern Block gun that beat out the AK in its home country... which I think was the only non-eastern block country not using the AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom